News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Discussion on Spring Rally June 18- 21, 2020

Started by greatbuffalo, September 24, 2019, 10:21:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wacked

Weather forecast for Rally is Awesome! 

Forecasts aim for temps to be in the low 70's with some potential for rain - would be good to kick down the dust (and add some trail entertainment  :evil )  Did some scouting today.

Look forward to having you come to the hills!

Wacked

Fletch

I will be riding single track Friday and Saturday, 9:30 both days from Sugar Shack lot. let me know if yo are interested. Plan on easier stuff Friday, then some of the more technical stuff on Saturday. I'm free Thursday as well if anyone wants to go?
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Kevin

Quote from: Wacked on June 05, 2020, 07:24:33 AM

Sat down last night and mapped out 2 routes I'm thinking about -

Friday - Two Track oriented route.  Should be good for bikes 650 on down.  The track will lead south towards Mystic and then West towards Flag Mtn and beyond.  8-10 riders should be the limit

Saturday - I wanna try something new.  This is a "1.5" oriented track.  Yep, just made it up.  It will start south outta Sugar Shack towards Hill City then East into Victoria Lake.  Suitable for bikes 450 on down.  It will weave thru some easier single tracks, bitchier 2-tracks, and your run of the mill 2 tracks.   Won't be hard-core single tracking all day but there will be places that your bike could go down or gets stuck between tress  ;D.   7-8 riders should be the limit

I've been through most of this country at one time or the other but wont have time to pre-run all of it. 

Wacked

You be gathering a leaving from the camp ground Friday?  ~ time?

~ What time on Saturday at Sugar Shack?

Look ahead and you'll shred...

tannerc

Anyone know if Sugar Shack has gas again or not?
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

greatbuffalo

Yes Sugar Shack has gas but your gonna pay for it. Last I saw was over $4 a gallon

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

tannerc

convenience fee I guess. I think it was 85 octane last year itd be nice if they changed that out to premium 91+. 
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

Fletch

stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Wacked

Kevin.....

Friday - leaving 8:30 from the Campground
Saturday - leaving 9:00 from Sugar Shack

Terryth

I'll be getting there Wednesday night, I'd be interested in Thursday.

Terry Thompson

Quote from: Fletch on June 15, 2020, 08:15:48 AM
I will be riding single track Friday and Saturday, 9:30 both days from Sugar Shack lot. let me know if yo are interested. Plan on easier stuff Friday, then some of the more technical stuff on Saturday. I'm free Thursday as well if anyone wants to go?

Lonesome Dave

Here's a file that I copied from Mike's notes.  He plan's on riding these on Friday and Saturday.  The file is the forest service's pdf map.

I'm helping him post this, I hope!

LD
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Lonesome Dave

Older - Wiser - Faster !

ADV Piglet

Hi all! I might show up Friday and or Saturday to do some riding, but won't know for sure until Thursday.  Not staying at campground.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Abercrombie

I can't even express my disappointment.  Mike and son Jordan are unable to accompany me to this rally and the 20th falls on my anniversary.  I thought I had if covered since the wife was coming to Red Lodge for an FJR rally the following weekend but she is now unable to go.  I'm not sure I can even go on in life missing three DDSR Black Hills rallies in a row.  Calling the depression hot line right now, I'm going to miss you guys. :'(

Kevin

Quote from: Fletch on June 15, 2020, 08:15:48 AM

Mike, I will most like join you Friday...

Kevin

Quote from: Wacked on June 15, 2020, 04:53:01 PM
Kevin.....

Friday - leaving 8:30 from the Campground
Saturday - leaving 9:00 from Sugar Shack

Great, thanks.  I am planning to ride single track Friday and join you Saturday...