News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

DDSR ski team

Started by Fletch, October 13, 2019, 09:11:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ADV Piglet

Quote from: Lonesome Dave on December 13, 2019, 05:09:07 PM
Hey Pauly, I think we pushed Stacy over the edge with the free skies!   :)

Now we have to start on Pete!

Pete, I have a set of used skies for you.  Although they might be a little long for a beginner.
I couldn't have a pair of skis just sitting around. Need to put them to good use!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

greatbuffalo

I have a pair he can use at least. There are others around depending on what he wants

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

greatbuffalo

I'm thinking about just skiing sunday. Should be fewer people there that day

ADV Piglet

Pete has no interest in skiing. Not his thing. Besides, I need something to do Saturdays while he is at work.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

greatbuffalo

That's beautiful

Lonesome Dave

I'm going today also, but won't get there until 11 or so.  I'll be in touch.
Older - Wiser - Faster !

greatbuffalo

Will be heading up AGAIN this weekend. Looks like Wednesday might be a bit tricky getting out of here but I dislike being here so much, I'll get it done.

My thoughts are to ski Saturday cuz that's when Joel and Paul can ski. I may however be talked into skiing on Friday as well if it looks like it will be worth dropping the extra coin.

I put the word out to our buddy in Nebraska and he's thinking about it.  :)

As always, festivities and a meeting of the DDSR Drinking team to follow at Shiver's.

Fletch

not one to use the word epic, but if I was yesterday would have been an epic day on the hill!  30" of powder and it snowed all day. thigh deep snow and super soft crash landings. the legs were definitely shot by 4:00.. should be great for the next week or more!
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Lonesome Dave

On Terry Peak's web site it reads;  "CLOSED EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY"

I thought I might go skiing today.  You know, only ride the lift, not go into the lodge, just go up and down the hill a few times.

I'd say this season is officially over!
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Fletch

yes, it is officially done for the year... It's been a good one.

Wizard

I see Terry Peak has finally laid out guidelines for the upcoming season.  They will refund the passes 100% Only if they do not open at all for the season.  Who is doing it this year?

TERRY PEAK GUEST RESPONSIBILITIES
If you are or reside with a high-risk individual it is suggested that you avoid all contact by staying home.
If you do not feel well, have a temperature of 100.4 or more, or have been exposed to COVID-19 do not enter the property!
It is required to wear a mask or face covering in the buildings.
Whenever possible practice social distancing by staying no less than six feet from another person.
Wash your hands and / or use hand sanitizer often. Additional sanitizing stations are located throughout the buildings.
Outside coolers are not allowed in the buildings.
Gear bags and equipment are not allowed in the buildings.
Seating is limited to provide more distancing.
Staff members will be implementing extra cleaning and sanitizing measures in their departments.

TERRY PEAK EMPLOYEES RESPONSIBILITIES
Employees are required to wear face masks in the buildings.
Employees will have their temperature taken and undergo a health screening at the start of their shift.
Employees who are not well, show any signs of symptoms or have been in contact with a COVID-19 positive individual will not be allowed to work.
Whenever possible practice social distancing by staying no less than six feet from another person.
Employees are required to wash their hands and / or use hand sanitizer often. Additional sanitizing stations are located throughout the buildings.
Staff members will be expected to implement extra cleaning and sanitizing measures in their departments.
f Employees will be notified on any updated information as it becomes available.

Fletch

I have mine, from the few people I have talked to it "sounds like" the biggest impacts would be with the lodges. lifts, grooming, etc. should not be affected. there may be some restrictions on day passes (Montana and Colorado are doing this) such as a 3-7 day reservation requirement.   of course all just speculation from people who are not really in the know?  I figured it is worth the risk, but???

Wizard

I will get mine before the end of the month.  I better have something to do this winter....Can't let Jerry have all the fun ;)

Harry Potter

I got a season pass last season for the first time in about 5 years and was really glad I did. Having the season pass forces you to get in the car and do the 4 & 1/2 hour drive out. They even announced because the snow was so good that they were going to extend the season. Then what seemed like hours later because of the China virus it was done. I reviewed Terry's COVID-19 policy for the upcoming season and didn't see anything to keep safe skiers safe from the deniers on the chairlift.
Maybe I just don't understand. During the AIDS Crisis knowingly spreading AIDS was considered Murder. During the COVID pandemic spreading a killer virus is considered Macho.
"The best modification you can make to your bike is a better rider," Jimmy Lewis.

gerry1eye

Well after much concern and procrastination and a call from LD, I purchased a Terry Peak season pass today. Now after I get my vaccination, I can pray for snow. I was worried if I don't ski this winter, I may never get back on skis again. Time to start training, I think I'll start with a few PBR's on tuesday night.
fearless to fear of falling - warranty has expired.