How much chinesium do you actually get for $1650

Started by ross/xt350, November 13, 2019, 11:00:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross/xt350

Small update on the chinesium saga. Finally got my new jets from chinaland and the mains are correct but the pilots are the wrong ones. Also it showed a full carb kit but all I got was 5 jets. A little disappointing but I'm never one to be easily dissuaded so I ordered another couple sets of jets from different vendors. Should be here by March some time. I did swap the 105 main for a 112. I'm just making an educated guess since I cant ride it but we'll see how it is in the spring. Now looking at the exhaust and secondary air injection system. Supposedly the cats in these plug super easily and are very restrictive. Also the secondary air injection can easily fail and let in unmetered air so those will need to be watched closly. I'll leave the potential solutions up to your imagination due to legal reasons but for now I'll  just ride it for a while and see how it is. I cant wait to try it out but till spring the t-dub is the only bike I can handle in all this snow.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2000 xt350
2013 tw200
2018 bashan brozz 250 blue eagle deluxe #1 hotdog cowboy rocketship

ross/xt350

Finally got the new pilots almost a month later. It always seems sketchy sending money to china on the vague hope of receiving questionable goods on an even more questionable time line but so far so good. Still waiting on mains but they are supposedly in the country. I also got the bike plated in ND last week. I was a little concerned about the process since nothing about this experience so far has been what I would consider normal but with nothing more than my ID, a blank check, and the bikes MSO in hand it was a total snap. Now i just need to get insurance and some warm weather and I'll be in business to provide and actual ride report. In the mean time as you can tell from my recent t-dub escapades I'm getting more and more anxious for spring!

2000 xt350
2013 tw200

ross/xt350

Well after some warm weather and "social distancing" I finally have 121 miles on the bike. So far i like it as a commuter bike but not so much as a trail bike. I put about 70 miles on it and got the jetting finally figured out a couple weeks ago. The biggest take away I had from that ride was that the gearing is way too low from the factory. The bike basically over reved/had an asthma attack at about 55 mph so I ordered a 40t rear sprocket to replace the 47t sprocket it came with and a new o-ring chain to replace the craptastic factory one. Also new grips since the factory ones are rock hard and new tubes front and back to replace the paper thin factory ones. Today's ride was way better with the new gearing. The bike now runs out of power before it runs out of revs in 5th gear. I even got it up to a blistering 71mph with a light tail wind on the flat. The low end torque has suffered a bit but it's still very usable on the bottom end. I have been very pleasantly surprised by how smooth the engine is, how soft and comfortable the seat is, and how stable this thing is on gravel. It still needs a few tweaks but it's getting to where i want it. I'll update after I inevitably change/fix more stuff and put more miles on.

2000 xt350
2013 tw200

tannerc

cool. Curious, are you keeping a running tab of total investment? Modifications are endless but I would like to see where you end up at, the point of "its done".
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

ross/xt350

I actually have been keeping track. I've spent $144.41 on parts so far bringing the total up to $1794.41 not counting registration and insurance. Its definitely not done yet but it is pleasantly usable at this point.

2000 xt350
2013 tw200

ross/xt350

1000 mile update. I just rolled over 1000 miles on the Brozz today. So far I'm actually still pretty happy with my purchase. Riding it has been pretty uneventful as I mainly commute to work and back with it but I definitely have a few take aways after 1000 miles of ownership. As a commuter bike or gravel/light trail cruser this thing is great for the money but any hard thrashing and you quickly bottom out the suspension and i think if ridden really hard you would probably break stuff. As far as reliability it has been almost perfect. The only thing to break or fail at all is the right turn signal which got melted by the exhaust.  Its mounted in a stupid place so ill just get a new set for $14 and mount them a little higher so they aren't right in the path of hot exhaust gasses. The only mod I did this summer was a 4 degree offset woodruff key for the flywheel to advance the ignition timing. This cost me $18 and made a huge difference in low and mid range grunt. Definitely worth it. The next thing on the docket is probably  a better carburetor. The chinariders forum definitely recommends an upgrade to help the top end as the stock one is like breathing through a straw. The only real grievances to air on this bike are that the seat is a tad wide but i can easily fix that this winter. Also the fuel guage reads empty at 1/3 tank and the speedo is exactly %10 optimistic. As far as mileage goes i get about 65mpg out of it so you can go about 155 miles on its 2.4 gallon tank. I will see what I end up doing this winter to it but I definitely would like a smidgen more too end for bucking head winds. I was up against a 40mph head wind on the way to work this morning and I couldn't pull past 50mph. Other than that I'm pretty happy with it so far and plan to keep it another year. Will update when I decide what work to do on it over the winter.

2000 xt350
2013 tw200

ross/xt350

Here is a link to a video I did on it a few months ago if you really want an in depth rundown on this hog.

https://youtu.be/NMm5-PiWfkk

2000 xt350
2013 tw200

greatbuffalo

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?