Author Topic: How much chinesium do you actually get for $1650  (Read 980 times)

ross/xt350

Re: How much chinesium do you actually get for $1650
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2019, 02:45:35 PM »
Small update on the chinesium saga. Finally got my new jets from chinaland and the mains are correct but the pilots are the wrong ones. Also it showed a full carb kit but all I got was 5 jets. A little disappointing but I'm never one to be easily dissuaded so I ordered another couple sets of jets from different vendors. Should be here by March some time. I did swap the 105 main for a 112. I'm just making an educated guess since I cant ride it but we'll see how it is in the spring. Now looking at the exhaust and secondary air injection system. Supposedly the cats in these plug super easily and are very restrictive. Also the secondary air injection can easily fail and let in unmetered air so those will need to be watched closly. I'll leave the potential solutions up to your imagination due to legal reasons but for now I'll  just ride it for a while and see how it is. I cant wait to try it out but till spring the t-dub is the only bike I can handle in all this snow.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2000 xt350
2013 tw200
2018 bashan brozz 250 blue eagle deluxe #1 hotdog cowboy rocketship

ross/xt350

Re: How much chinesium do you actually get for $1650
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2020, 06:57:48 PM »
Finally got the new pilots almost a month later. It always seems sketchy sending money to china on the vague hope of receiving questionable goods on an even more questionable time line but so far so good. Still waiting on mains but they are supposedly in the country. I also got the bike plated in ND last week. I was a little concerned about the process since nothing about this experience so far has been what I would consider normal but with nothing more than my ID, a blank check, and the bikes MSO in hand it was a total snap. Now i just need to get insurance and some warm weather and I'll be in business to provide and actual ride report. In the mean time as you can tell from my recent t-dub escapades I'm getting more and more anxious for spring!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2000 xt350
2013 tw200
2018 bashan brozz 250 blue eagle deluxe #1 hotdog cowboy rocketship