2020 Trips - Who's Planning What .......... Planning? That's Novel!

Started by Wacked, November 23, 2019, 10:13:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wacked

Who's interested in some trips for 2020?  Need riding partner(s)?  This is the place to get your conversations started?   What are you thinking?

Big Bike, Small Bike,  Mid-Size?

Wacked

So, I'm contemplating Moab in April with the small bike

Still got Grand Canyon on my mind ........   or IDBDR sometime in the summer

Fletch

Keep me posted.  I need to do something or several things or whatever?? 
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

TooTall

Did the ID BDR last summer in August.  Great ride, ended with over 1300 miles.  Highly recommended.

Plan to do another BDR next summer but have AK in the back of my mind as well.  Would be my 4th trip there;  there's always more to see and experience.

Plus, I've got to get more single track riding in next summer here in the Hills.

All plans are unfortunately health dependent for me.

Fletch

stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Hank

Moab in April is always interesting to me!    Had an blast out there again last April.

RyanI has been talking about a $1000 scooter road trip somewhere.    So I picked up a 2001 Reflex, just in case, lol.

greatbuffalo

I was also thinking Moab in April or May. My thought was to camp/boondock in one or more of the many places to camp for free.

I love that scooter ride idea as well
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

tannerc

Quote from: Hank on November 24, 2019, 08:04:06 AM

RyanI has been talking about a $1000 scooter road trip somewhere.    So I picked up a 2001 Reflex, just in case, lol.

Someone go into details about this scooter ride.
Does it have to be $1000? (im cheap)
CC limitation?

I have about 6 of these buggers I have to do something with and this may be inspiration.

"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

jacin theis

Tannerc, are you looking to sell any of those? I might have a place for a couple.
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

tannerc

Quote from: jacin theis on December 07, 2019, 02:39:22 PM
Tannerc, are you looking to sell any of those? I might have a place for a couple.

not quite yet, I am stock piling parts and plan to get a few together this summer.
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

Hank

Quote from: tannerc on December 07, 2019, 10:32:24 AM

CC limitation?

I have about 6 of these buggers I have to do something with and this may be inspiration.

I don't think its much more than an idea at this point.     Both Ryan and I have Honda 90s but he now has a Helix and I have a Reflex.     Not sure a 90 would keep up with such high powered machines, ha!    Feel free to throw in ideas.

I actually went over the budget and paid $1100 for my Reflex, but I was really struggling to find anything sub 1000 unless they were total basket cases.

Turns out the Reflex is really pretty damn fun to ride.    Cruising around 2 up on it works really well.

And it matches my truck.

tannerc

Quote from: Hank on December 10, 2019, 07:55:45 AM
Quote from: tannerc on December 07, 2019, 10:32:24 AM

CC limitation?

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/hondatrailcts/dshannon-s-ct90-k0-atc-125m-swap-t10533.html

Ive got a 125m running donor engine laying on the garage floor at the moment, that should get me up to 58 MPH.
CDI
plus electric start
plus pull start
plus H/L range
plus.... reverse?
now all I need is the time to get it in there..
time is the limiting factor in this little venture.

I don't think its much more than an idea at this point.     Both Ryan and I have Honda 90s but he now has a Helix and I have a Reflex.     Not sure a 90 would keep up with such high powered machines, ha!    Feel free to throw in ideas.

I actually went over the budget and paid $1100 for my Reflex, but I was really struggling to find anything sub 1000 unless they were total basket cases.

Turns out the Reflex is really pretty damn fun to ride.    Cruising around 2 up on it works really well.

And it matches my truck.