News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Added another to the garage

Started by locopny, December 15, 2019, 01:06:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

locopny

Got some more miles on it and it's getting pretty comfortable but still don't have much for dirt yet.

Picked up some factory Honda hard sides and had them shipped. Pick up Monday from Fastenal. 
Discovered my tank bag really won't work on this bike.  Need to find a tank-lock type with something fitted to the shape.
Of course in looking for used.
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L
When can I go riding again? Crashing sucks!

locopny

Corona Virus cluster....yeah.
Got to pick up my bags today at the shippers doing most all the transaction over the phone while standing in the parking lot.  But the important thing is I got them.  I'm sure the pallet they were shipped on weighed more than the actual contents of the box they came in.
Guy forgot to send the rubber pads that the lower mounts attach to for an isolated solid mounting.  Those are being shipped next.
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L

locopny

Grocery run for folks.  90 mile round trip.  Can fit lots in those bags.  First 'real' ride.
Social distancing....seems like a Monday in ND?
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L

locopny

Played on my own trail today.  My field.  Traction control on and off-it likes it better off and in sport mode 2.  Soft enough to sink in a bit but not enough to throw mud.
With these stock tires anyway.

Needed a feel for it in dirt.
Have video I have to figure out how to host.
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L

Hank

If you put it on youtube you can embed it here.

Click the youtube button which will produce a pair of [bracketed] youtubes.    Copy and paste the address of the video in between them.

locopny

Look into that.  I have an account...thought I'd do it once.
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L

locopny

Because LD asked...
It looks like the bike gets about 45MPG. Still trying to figure out how to reset the trip meter.  But as best I recall I got the miles really close.
I looked at my gas receipt wrong...it was 2.459 gals. For $5.38- helps to focus on the right number.
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L

locopny

Here's the trunk on its pre-diet look.
Sitting there it looks heavy. But I think it will work ok for its intended purpose. Back rest for Dana and a spot to hold two helmets that's lockable. Won't have it on when I ride solo.
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L

greatbuffalo

"Does this box make my butt look big?"

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

locopny

Put it on a diet and gave it a good test ride to Sand Lake Sunday. Works really well...but will do some more tweaks to finalize.
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L

locopny

Still waiting for the matching stickers...but got to ride together today.  Knee held up...but kept gravel to minimum just in case.
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L

greatbuffalo

Damn thats a big case. Didn't know you had a knee issue.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

locopny

Yeah popped up about a month ago. First time back riding was today.  Also drove my manual pick up today.
So far so good.

The case looks big because it is. Fortunately it doesn't weigh what it looks like.  It's only on for Dana when she rides with me or if I'm using it on a shopping run.  I can give it another diet by removing the chrome rack on top to save a couple lbs.  Like it for the ability to hold 2 helmets when we stop. I'm sure I could over load it easily.  Removes with 4 nuts so not a big hassle to deal with.
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L

locopny

Picked these stickers up from an outfit in Romania.  Cheaper than what I was guestimated from a local print shop.
Does not make it run better but improves the look when on the bike.
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L