News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Old school Tenere

Started by locopny, December 28, 2019, 01:46:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

locopny

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/mcy/d/mill-valley-1992-yamaha-xtz750-super/7037154483.html

Its an interesting bike...but I just bought an AT.
I like old school too maybe someone might appreciate it also.

From AD.....
For Sale: A Very Rare and Collectible Yamaha XTZ750 Super Tenere with California registration. The XTZ750 was the basis for Yamaha's 90's Dakar winning rally bikes that dominated the race at that time. The bike is ultra rare in the USA and a unique opportunity to own a classic/future classic!

I am the original owner buying the bike new in 1993 and it has been registered and plated in California since 1994. The bike has just been through an engine-in-frame restoration including Resto-Mod paint and retro style graphics.

I have all the service, parts and upgrade receipts since new including receipts for the just completed restoration, details below. The bike is in very good condition and runs perfect. Enthusiast owned, always maintained and garage stored. Please look at the final image for the bike specifications.

If you are not familiar with the Yamaha XTZ750 Super Tenere I would encourage some online research.

Link to Yamaha's Global Heritage website:

https://global.yamaha-motor.com/showroom/offroadmania/ch4/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccHcb5oj0dM

If you are looking for an Adventure bike at a bargain there are many good options available since the early 2000's price wise or contemporary Adv's at a similar asking price. If you are looking for a very unique and classic original style "Rally" bike this is your rare chance.... One would be hard pressed to see something like this come up for sale again that is this clean and registered in the States/California.

XTZ750 Specifications shown on last image

-------------------------------------------------------
Bike Basics:

- 45,500 original miles.

- California Pink Slip in hand.

- California Registration is current but in a "Non-Opp" Status.

- Original Owners Manual, Tool Kit and Two Keys.

- Parts diagram book with factory part numbers.

**"non op" is Cal. lingo for not currently legal to ride the roads until current year registration is paid.  Can be "non op" for years for the one time $15? fee and will only require current year fees paid when back on the road...don't non op and the fees could be more than the bike is worth. 
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L
When can I go riding again? Crashing sucks!

Wacked

Oyyyyyeeeee ....   

That is a smoking hot dreamy bike!  Don't know if I like this or the old AT better.

Abercrombie

greatbuffalo

Very cool. Spendy to begin with and I have heard horror stories about the non-op fees, and Cali will not release the title till its paid from what I understand.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

greatbuffalo

Just had another thought about this bike.......   This guy says the bike was bought by himself in 1993 and registered in Cali since 94. HOW!!  THis bike was never homigated for use in the North America. I smell a rat. 
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

locopny

You can do anything in CA as long as you pay for it. (Rules only apply to those that follow the rules) That's likely why they are in the shape they are in out there....saw it coming 15 years ago (and earlier) when I left.

Not meant to be political or contrarian...just the way of CA from the late 90s when I started paying attention more closely.
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L
When can I go riding again? Crashing sucks!