News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Anyone wanna ride this weekend? 5/16-5/17

Started by The Yeti, May 15, 2009, 10:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Yeti

I plan on riding for sure this Sunday, weather looks like it's gonna be beautiful!! Not so great on Saturday, but if the rain stays away, might get a ride in in the afternoon.

If anyone wants to ride along, let me know!
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

excess

The Yeti

Excess (Austin, on a 950SE) and myself had a great 6 hour ride on Sunday. Spent a little too much time on gravel trying to find the good stuff, but when we found it, it was a blast! Mostly stayed on high-speed two-track. Went up the 429...I'd recommend going UP instead of DOWN if anyone plans it in the near future, there's a creek running down most of the trail....lots of fun!

I had a great time, Austin, and look forward to riding with you again!

On a side note: on my way home I ran into a couple of guys, one on a 650 V-strom and one on a Buell Uly, both had been riding with Flexlarson earlier in the day. Flex had his new (to him) 650GS Dakar and took these poor guys up Pilot Knob!  :o  The guy on the v-strom said it was his first time off-road, and both of them had basically street tires...but told me that Brain said, "No problem, it'll be easy!". Classic Brian encouragement. They made it through, but the v-strom guy broke a couple parts off. They did have smiles on their faces as they told the story, though.  ;)

excess

Thanks Yeti i had a blast.
After avoiding any serious mud all day i took a slight detour on my way home and found myself swingarm  deep in mud and snow. Also ordering my h2w kit hopefully that will stop the sound of someone shooting at us (horrible backfiring) in the woods.

loingrader

Quote from: The Yeti on May 18, 2009, 09:27:57 AM
Flex had his new (to him) 650GS Dakar and took these poor guys up Pilot Knob!  :o  The guy on the v-strom said it was his first time off-road, and both of them had basically street tires...but told me that Brain said, "No problem, it'll be easy!". Classic Brian encouragement. They made it through, but the v-strom guy broke a couple parts off. They did have smiles on their faces as they told the story, though.  ;)

i love it!  can't wait to ride with you guys in june!
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

Hank

The H2W jet kit when combined with cans, canisterectomy and SAS removal (I did all 4 at once) really transform the Katooms.. 
Better throttle response everywhere, better mileage and a LOT less crap under the hood!

The Yeti

excess

no pics i was too wore out at that point to think of it......i could probably use the floor of the car wash as proof ;D