News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

DDSR Drinking Team!!

Started by Lonesome Dave, January 07, 2020, 11:13:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonesome Dave

"DDSR Drinking Team," I know, I know, it sounds worse than it really is!  This past weekend, several members of the DDSR Ski Team were at the "Dark Horse Saloon," at Terry Peak discussing our normal Wednesday late afternoon meetup.  Most of you probably don't know, but we've been getting together on Wednesdays for a couple of beers on the way home from work.  We talk about skiing right now, but usually comes back around to something about bikes.

This all started pretty innocently, but has grown a little over the past months.  A little history; basically the founding member of this group is Pauly.  Now that he lives in Lead, he comes to Rapid City on Wednesdays to work at the office.  Sometime around 4pm he leads us to a beer drinking establishment.  He's a bad influence.  Anyway, with his permission, I told him I'd write this up so others could follow and enjoy.  Most times we go to Dakota Point Brewery, but not always.  We often talk about Lost Cabin Brewery, but usually decide it's too noisy.  Sometimes we go downtown to the Independent Ale House.  You just never know until Pauly decides!

Since the Team has started, it's been Pauly, Mike, and I, but now, Stacy and Pete have also joined us.  So everyone is invited to join us on Wednesdays.  I know were meeting tomorrow afternoon, but I don't know exactly where!  Pauly will decide!  Anyone wants to join us tomorrow call or text one of us.

So maybe in the future, we'll post something on this thread to let you know when and where.

LD  8)

Older - Wiser - Faster !

Abercrombie

Dave, your killing me.  I miss out on the dual sport riding in your back yard, I miss out on the skiing, I miss out on the Saturday morning breakfast, and no I'm missing out on the drinking team get togethers.  Its more than I can take.

Fletch

I plan to be there to absorb the infinite wisdom of the group..   or something like that?
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

ADV Piglet

Where is the spot tonight? Might stop in to say hello.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Lonesome Dave

Considering this was our first official DDSR Drinking Team gathering, it was a good turn out.  Lots of fun and noise. 

We had eight people show up.  Danny Boy was still in town, and was jovial as always, so he added a lot of fun.  But, the big surprise of the night was Wacked!  Now I was happy to see Brad, but the big deal is he had a beer.  Just "one", but a beer! :o  That's a start!  Apparently, that particular beer was almost gluten free.  Who would have known.

As usual, it was great time.  Hope to see others in the future.  LD
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Fletch

Sorry I had to skip out early, but the young one was home and I had a dinner date.

Lonesome Dave

Pauly is out of town (Oregon) this week.  So Mike and I are planning on meeting at Dakota Point Brewery on Wednesday.  Mike gets off earlier than I, he should be there about 4:30 pm.  I'll be there around 5pm.  Everyone is welcome.

Hope to see ya there!

Older - Wiser - Faster !

greatbuffalo

Won't be there for Wednesday but I may be up for a ski Saturday or Sunday
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Fletch

I'll be a little late so probably 5:00 for me too

Wizard

I have successfully returned from the West Coast...Dakota Point Wed!  See ya all there!

ADV Piglet

Sorry missed it last week. Won't make it this week either. I'll be soaking up some sun in the desert
Pete might need a break from the dogs, so he's a maybe this week.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Fletch

I will be there around 4:41 ish.....

Wizard

Tis almost WED again...Dakota Point is the place!

Fletch

I shall arrive in glorious fashion!!

too much?

Lonesome Dave

Older - Wiser - Faster !