Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Yamaha Tenere 700

Started by greatbuffalo, February 26, 2020, 09:58:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greatbuffalo

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Fletch

it looks pretty sweet!  suppose we can ever buy one?
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

greatbuffalo

The order for my new Tenere will go in tomorrow. Rep still says June delivery. To those haters and those unwilling to fly the flag and doubters and negative Marks, I mean Nancy's, should maybe step to the back of the line and receive theirs sometime in 2021 as they have so negtively predicted

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

sandhillrider

I get the feeling those remarks we aimed at me.

But Dan I like the FRONT of the line so much better. This is going to be such a fun month😉😉.
Hope your sense of humor is good. I truly hope we see them in June by rally time.🏍🏍🏍🏍🏍🏍
Oh and by the way I put my order in 2 years ago when the concept bike was shown, before anybody was even riding one.
Now back to the pessimism.
If mine does by some miracle come in I would be glad to let you sit on it. Supervised of course.

Fletch

oh, ya, that's that imaginary bike right? did you order it with the light saber holder and anti gravity software?

here's a nice song to take your mind of things:   https://youtu.be/ntkJk9zoYFI

Fletch

:'(  its no fun when nobody gets riled up......

greatbuffalo

Hahahahahahaha

There is a wrinkle in this story now.

So Scott calls us yesterday and informs us that he just found out that we have to go onto a website and place confirmation that we want a bike. Chose the color, accessories and what ever. They will then assign a confirmation number that we then give to Scott so he can order the bike. This all takes place on Friday and noon ET. Seems like a convoluted system to get a bike but I've waited to long to let something as silly as this spoil fun. I just don't really understand the messed up process. Only thing I can think of is that there is a finite number coming in they wanna make sure they get to where they are wanted rather than have them sitting in a showroom somewhere where there is no demand. Not sure really, but that's what I'm telling myself to justify the the madness. Either that its just Yamaha's way of laughing at idiots like me while we jump through hoops just to get a machine..... 

sandhillrider

Ya Yamaha announced yesterday how we have to get in line to get a bike.
Doesn't matter what you have worked out with your dealer, you have to go on line and get a order number from Yamaha on Friday (hope Dan has fast internet) then give your number to the dealer to turn back into Yamaha.
I didn't think Yamaha could top the 3 year run up for this bike but they have.
Really rubbed me the wrong way Tuesday when my dealer called to tell me the process.  He couldn't believe what they did either.
So long story short Yamaha riled me up  and they can do something with there bike.

sandhillrider

Dan beat me again by 10 minutes.

greatbuffalo

TooTall

Dan, did you get your 700 Tenere reserved?  Hope to see it at the spring rally.

greatbuffalo

Nathaniel, Mark and I all got our reservations in.

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

sandhillrider

I'm going to revive this old thread now that there's a group of us riding the 700's to discuss what we're doing to our rides.
So let's start with tires. What do you guys think would be  a good fit for this weight bike and the riding style we do? I have some ideas but thought I'd see what I can get for input.

Wacked

I'm going to try a Shinko 805 in the back .....    Thinking I'll put a TKC80 up front

Mods done over winter
- B&B engineering skid plate
- B&B engineering solo plate
- bark busters
- Oxford heated grips
- Blue Seas USB plug
- Adventure Spec upper crash bars
- no 2" ROX risers!!!  ..... ordered and installed them but just did not like the position.  Also thought it tensioned my control cables too much.   So went with a simple 30mm block riser - I'm happy with that.
- no Double Take mirrors.  Also mounted these but didn't like them.  Went back to stock

Wacked

Wacked

Funny Story - I got to test out a couple of my items today

Decided to ride my bike to work even though there were "Hazard Level" winds throughout the region today - you know, flying garbage cans and tipped over semi's (good practice for Wyoming and deer).  Parked in the back a little out of the wind on level concrete.  Came out at noon and found my bike blown over - Well that's crap!

Adventure Spec bars around the tank held up good.  Right bark-buster got bent to piss.  Don't know if the muffler is bent in - it already had been road tested.  Happy none of my controls busted; but Im not sure the Tusk's or Cycra's I've had on other bikes would have bent. 

Ordered some new BarkBusters