News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

The Moab Cancellation Ride

Started by greatbuffalo, April 12, 2020, 04:45:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greatbuffalo

Just a thought.

Would anyone be interested in riding some asphalt and maybe some gravel on April 24, 25, or 26? or all of the above?

I would arrive in the Hills on Thursday the 23rd and and be up for riding, depending on weather. The contingency plan would the the Next weekend, April 1, 2 and/or 3rd.

Figured we can meet in a parking lot somewhere and ride. Bring a lunch with you and we can stop along the way and eat, keeping 6 feet between us of course.

Could also be called the Covid Isolation Relief ride. I think we all need a bit of stress relief after all this negativity.

Who's in.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Wacked

Maybe.   Depends how the weather sorts out and how ambitious I am.

I still have the week off.   Kinda fantasizing about a Big Horns run or straight up and through the N.Dakota badlands.  Text me when you show up.  If I'm around I'll do a day or so.

greatbuffalo

I could be talked into such a thing too.

Abercrombie

My Arkansas Tenere rally was canceled for the 23rd - 26th weekend and my Ohio Yamaha FJR rally was canceled for the April 30th - May 3rd weekend.   I might be up for some riding on one of those two weekends and will be subscribed to how this plays out. 

Man there is a ton of well rated hotels deals on Hotels.com in the sub $50.00 range for Spearfish, Rapid City, Lead, and Deadwood areas for that time frame.  No restaurants, and cheap hotels even makes this an affordable idea for a poor old retired fireman.

sandhillrider

Will keep watching this develop.
Might be able to make this work.
If history repeats me saying this might work just jinxed it for me.
I assume this is a Tenere ride.

greatbuffalo

Yes I will be riding the Tenere.

Kevin

Look ahead and you'll shred...

greatbuffalo

Will keep track of the weather.

Fletch

stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

locopny

87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L
When can I go riding again? Crashing sucks!