News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Back up and running

Started by Hank, April 20, 2020, 06:53:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hank

Sorry for the 3 day outage. 
We had a technical glitch, basically the water pump seal started leaking.   
I called our host first thing last Friday and we got the issue bandaided, and the site should have gone back live immediately, but it didn't for some reason.

At some point we might have too look at newer software.   The SMF forum software we are running doesn't appear to be compatible with the latest webhosting/database software that is pretty much a standard.   I'll keep a closer eye on the error logs for a while and see what happens.

Fletch

Thanks for taking care of things!
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Wacked

With my understanding of computers, I'm thinking its closer to a "Muffler Bearing" type analogy ........   That's as much as I know about software

Hank, thanks for getting this sorted

Hank

The muffler bearing failed, then once it completely fell apart the muffler shaft wore right through the muffler housing.
Then all the muffler bearing ball fragments fell into the oil tank.    And then the error log got full and we went over our allotted disk space, so goDaddy shut us down.
I blame Bill Gates.

Fletch

stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Hank

I've sent it back to the factory for diagnostics by the engineering team..     

locopny

Thanks for fixing it.
My COVID safe space. 😄
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L
When can I go riding again? Crashing sucks!

Hank

I also had to reinstall Tapatalk.    If you can't connect in Tapatalk, delete the site and re-add it in Tapatalk and it should work.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk