News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Ride

Started by grubbie, April 23, 2020, 09:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grubbie

Took a ride Friday, finally. Was stuck working from home, got tired of staring at the computer screen and took off on the DR. Destination: The Black Hills. It is dry here, no snow left at all. It was sunny and 63 degrees. I rode 75 miles from home, 50/50 pavement and gravel. It was even dry across the bentonite prairie between Upton and Skull Creek. I was moving at a good pace, figured I would enter the hills through the Mallo Camp area. I got there,.....rode about 200 yards of trails before I turned around, didn't feel like picking the DR up all day from snow, ice, and mud. Why does it take so stinking long for you guys to dry those hills up? I gave up and rode the same 75 miles home, frustrated. I blame you guys and your damn skis. How can it be dry and sunny, then icy and sloppy 200 yards later? I will try again in August when the snow begins to melt in the hills.

ADV Piglet

Need to go to the southern hills. I was hiking in hell canyon west of Custer last weekend and nice and dry down there.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

KLC63

Hey Grubby,
I was down @ Hawkright south Wednesday and it was blowing dust. I had never been there before and found quite enjoyable. Flowing 2 track and great overlooks. It might have rained there yesterday though. Have fun!
THE OLDER I GET, THE FASTER I WAS.

locopny

Sounds like a good ride however shorter than planned. 
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L
When can I go riding again? Crashing sucks!

Lonesome Dave

Bitch, bitch, bitch.....I'll ride the thing for ya!   ;)
Older - Wiser - Faster !

grubbie

Yeah Piglet I suppose being a little more open to the south it might be drier there, especially Hell Canyon area where the trees are gone. I just couldn't believe how much snow was still there. On call this weekend, maybe I will try again next weekend.

Lonesome Dave

Hey Grub, there are plans forming for a dual sport ride next weekend.  FYI  Maybe two or 3 days worth.
Older - Wiser - Faster !

ADV Piglet

Quote from: grubbie on April 24, 2020, 09:59:43 PM
Yeah Piglet I suppose being a little more open to the south it might be drier there, especially Hell Canyon area where the trees are gone. I just couldn't believe how much snow was still there. On call this weekend, maybe I will try again next weekend.
If you are on Facebook, there is a group called Black Hills Hiking. People posting daily on conditions throughout the hills.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk