News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Swimmingly

Started by tannerc, April 28, 2020, 05:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tannerc

https://www.cyclenews.com/2020/04/article/swm-superdual-x-review/

For all of you begging for something smaller then a gs, more like a light nimble powerful modernized klr..
This is the ticket.  Pretty sweet idea, filling the gap of the popular (I have no idea why) klr. Only better.
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

ross/xt350

That is definitely worth looking at. I know people are hoping that kawasaki will basically reboot the KLR to be sort of like that but I have my doubts. At least there is another big bore liquid thumper option.
2000 xt350
2013 tw200
2018 bashan brozz 250 blue eagle deluxe #1 hotdog cowboy rocketship

Fletch

after riding for 43+ years I have finally given up on the quest for the perfect bike... but this may be close for someone?
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

locopny

My idea of the perfect bike keeps changing. All dependant on my current want...lol.
It would be interesting to look at...not sure I'd switch off my XL600R though. Who knows.
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L
When can I go riding again? Crashing sucks!

NDave

Sure just when I'm about ready to make my deposit on a room at the senior home a 317 lb.   50 hp 6 speed. KLR shows up.    The long travel suspension mods alone on a motorized wheel chair will cost 7 grand.   One of the things on my bucket list is to ride a Swedish scooter.   I shared a nacho plate at a dealer show in Houston back in the 80's with some little guy with thick glasses  working a Husky booth, he claimed he had ridden off road a couple times in something called the national enduro circuit and some ISDT thingy.  He thought Huskys were ok for woods use. His name was weird  -  King Richard

sandhillrider

NDave my local Beta dealer Smart Auto and Cycle is also a SWM dealer and has a Superdual-X on the floor in Omaha.
You better road trip to Omaha. The smile it'll put on you face will keep you out of the retirement home a few more years. The real plus is it's made in Italy.

tannerc

Quote from: locopny on April 29, 2020, 03:32:58 PM
My idea of the perfect bike keeps changing. All dependant on my current want...lol.
It would be interesting to look at...not sure I'd switch off my XL600R though. Who knows.
Its lighter, better suspension, EFI, more power, 5 gallon tank...
I think it would do a better job at the things you do with the xl.

cons
It does not have the old honda nostalgia
it cost a lot more then a honda xl too
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

Hank

This looks great.  If I thought I could get anything for my 400, this would be a consideration - getting me to a street bike, light weight mid-sized adventure bike, and a 2T dirt bike, which sounds like the perfect trifecta! (the VF1000R, CT90 and Reflex don't count).

locopny

Quote from: sandhillrider on April 30, 2020, 06:50:26 AM
NDave my local Beta dealer Smart Auto and Cycle is also a SWM dealer and has a Superdual-X on the floor in Omaha.
You better road trip to Omaha. The smile it'll put on you face will keep you out of the retirement home a few more years. The real plus is it's made in Italy.
Plus apparently it's ok to leak a bit of oil and coolant on Italian princesses.
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L
When can I go riding again? Crashing sucks!

KLC63

This is what I did. 80 Hp after exhaust and intake change.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

THE OLDER I GET, THE FASTER I WAS.

Kevin

How is the suspension on your 690?

This is what I did. 80 Hp after exhaust and intake change.

Look ahead and you'll shred...

KLC63

Pretty good. the high speed valving on the forks could be opened up a bit.

Kevin

Agree on the suspension
This is my version of your bike, been seriously considering the Dal Soggio Ray kit for the forks.  I replaced the oem tires with something more familiar/aggressive. 

Quote from: KLC63 on May 06, 2020, 06:32:28 AM
Pretty good. the high speed valving on the forks could be opened up a bit.
Look ahead and you'll shred...

KLC63

I think I will check into golds middle and compression valve kits for these.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Hank

Both of your 690 (701)s look great.       
I had an older 690 with a pipe and intake as well as mapping done.    Holy Christ it was a monster.