News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

2016 Scorpa 300 Twenty

Started by Abercrombie, May 07, 2020, 12:36:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abercrombie

For some reason I've been keeping my eyes open for a decent used trials bike and today I found one near Watertown just two hours away.  Its a little too powerful for a beginner like me but I'll figure it out.   It's a little dusty and dirty but the only sign of it being tipped over is a scuffed handle bar end.  I'm sure I'll fix that problem soon enough.

Fletch

stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Hank

Nice score!     Had I spotted that I would have been tempted.    Mind if I ask what you paid for it?

Abercrombie

Quote from: Hank on May 07, 2020, 09:03:47 AM
Nice score!     Had I spotted that I would have been tempted.    Mind if I ask what you paid for it?

I found it on Facebook trials bike for sale page.  It went up for sale yesterday morning and I didn't hesitate since I knew a guy from Fargo was also looking for a trials bike on that Facebook page.  I paid the guys asking price of $4800.00 for it.  I was unable to find a KBB or NADA value for the 2016 but KBB said a 2015 Scorpa 300 was worth $5150.00 so I figured the price was fine for something with obviously low hours and no sign of crashing or abuse, and it was close to home.  There was a couple other Scorpa 300s for sale on Facebook that were obviously much more used for about the same price or more and they were hundreds of miles away.

Lonesome Dave

Wow!
Just 10 - 20 minutes a day in the back yard practicing; balancing, little wheelies, stoppies, and balancing again will wear you out. 
Pretty soon you'll teaching your riding classes while balancing on the bike talking!  :)

I'd suggest brush guards on the handlebars.  It saves on the broken levers.

Older - Wiser - Faster !

Abercrombie

Quote from: Lonesome Dave on May 08, 2020, 08:40:04 AM
Wow!
Just 10 - 20 minutes a day in the back yard practicing; balancing, little wheelies, stoppies, and balancing again will wear you out. 
Pretty soon you'll teaching your riding classes while balancing on the bike talking!  :)

I'd suggest brush guards on the handlebars.  It saves on the broken levers.

The dealer installed a high compression head (like I needed anymore power) so it's sort of loud.  I started it up yesterday to go get the mail and played around with it a little in the yard and the wife was not impressed since she was working from home.  Lucky thing I live in a very small town and can get out of town quickly for a little training.