Memorial Day Weekend

Started by greatbuffalo, May 07, 2020, 11:45:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greatbuffalo

The trick is finding a good spot.

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Wacked

If you look at Avenza maps, anything with "dots"  alongside the trail is ordained for dispersed camping.

There's some bigger spots WAY south, Victoria Lake region would have some room for bigger rigs, theres a sweet little trail just West of Mystic road that would be pretty sweet. 

Probably several other spots as well

Lonesome Dave

Quote from: Wacked on May 10, 2020, 07:33:39 PM
theres a sweet little trail just West of Mystic road that would be pretty sweet. 

Not sure if this is the same one, but yes there's a meadow just off of Mystic road to the west.  But can't be seen unless you drive up the trail.  It's right off off the single track that runs through there and intersects the two track trail.  I just don't know the numbers right now.  That would be an excellent spot.

And, don't forget the area around China Gulch and the area west of Slate Creek Dam on the way to Mystic road.
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Wacked

Might be the same place .......    I'm thinking of the north side of 241 or 241.A  -  Seen some horse trailers/campers with their 5th wheels circled up there.

On another note, may be able to rent that cabin from the BHNS at the south end of Boles canyon under the closed off look-out tower.  That would have parking and a place to base outta

Lonesome Dave

I checked the map.  The location is at the intersection of 241 and 6936.
Older - Wiser - Faster !

greatbuffalo

I was thinking about doing a bit of reconnaissance over the next couple of days. There are a few places off of the Nemo road and one kinda right near Nemo itself. Would like to be in the more northern hills but will do what the group wants to do

Kevin

Dry camping is not problem here.
Look ahead and you'll shred...

sandhillrider

I like the area around 241 and 6936 but my map doesn't show that area open to dispersed camping.

greatbuffalo

You are correct. I am looking at that as well. Seems to be an established area though.

greatbuffalo

It is NF, and many times NF is open unless stated otherwise. I will stop at one of the offices tomorrow and ask.

Kevin

Anymore thoughts on this?  I am currently planning to load up the camper and couple of bikes and head that way some time late Friday afternoon. 

greatbuffalo

Yup, I am planning on heading that way Friday morning as well. Myself and Mark are planning on boondocking off Custer Crossing road about a mile or so in from 385 on the left hand side. Should be room for a few in there. PM me your phone # and I'll let you know if something changes.

Kevin

locopny

How long you planning being out there?
I may be that way after Sat to deliver that gooseneck. Might put the AT on and ride some....maybe.
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L
When can I go riding again? Crashing sucks!

sandhillrider

Looking like Dan and I won't be camping. I think he is going out on Friday morning. I
am planning on driving the pickup out Friday morning and riding Friday afternoon and Saturday.