News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Rackless Saddle Bags

Started by Kevin, July 01, 2020, 08:38:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

I am considering rackless saddle bags for my husky 701.  Thoughts suggestions?
Look ahead and you'll shred...

Abercrombie

I have a Giant Loop Great Basin that I've used successfully on a XR650L and my Beta 500 RR-S to ride the DAKAL a couple times but if I had it to do it over again I would go with the Mosko Moto Reckless 40L.

sandhillrider

I have the wolfman E-base with Rollie bags. Used them on the 500 Beta for the first time at the spring rally.
Really worked well and didn't have to unload everything to get stuff out of one side or the other.
They also carry the weight low. I have all my tools, tubes and compressor in them and still have room for a coat or something. Got rid of my tail bag and put on a smaller tank bag.
Going to try them on my new T7 and if it works will get bigger Rollie bags for the base.
Trying to not add side racks to save weight.

Kevin

Quote from: Abercrombie on July 01, 2020, 11:24:06 AM
I have a Giant Loop Great Basin that I've used successfully on a XR650L and my Beta 500 RR-S to ride the DAKAL a couple times but if I had it to do it over again I would go with the Mosko Moto Reckless 40L.

What made you decide the Mosko Moto Reckless 40L might be better?

Kevin

Quote from: sandhillrider on July 01, 2020, 12:21:44 PM
I have the wolfman E-base with Rollie bags. Used them on the 500 Beta for the first time at the spring rally.
Really worked well and didn't have to unload everything to get stuff out of one side or the other.
They also carry the weight low. I have all my tools, tubes and compressor in them and still have room for a coat or something. Got rid of my tail bag and put on a smaller tank bag.
Going to try them on my new T7 and if it works will get bigger Rollie bags for the base.
Trying to not add side racks to save weight.

Thanks, I had not looked at this option...

Abercrombie

Quote from: Kevin on July 01, 2020, 02:08:07 PM

The Giant Loop Great Basin is nice but it is just one big compartment with three internal dry bags.  Mine is an older version with a top zipper that can be a little tough to zipper up when full where as the newer models have a roll up top that would be a nice improvement.  After reading reviews and watching the Mosko Moto Reckless 40L or 80L videos I like the additional versatility and the capability to add on with the moly system.  Disclaimer: I've never seen the Reckless 40l or 80 L in person.

I just remembered I purchased a new Giant Loop Mojave tail bag with the possible tail pouch for use on my DRZ 400 or Beta 500.  I haven't tried it out or mounted it yet and I intend to use it for minimalist day rides and save the Great Basin for multi day rides where I need room for additional cloths and camping equipment.

Kevin

Quote from: Abercrombie on July 02, 2020, 01:25:36 AM
Quote from: Kevin on July 01, 2020, 02:08:07 PM

The Giant Loop Great Basin is nice but it is just one big compartment with three internal dry bags.  Mine is an older version with a top zipper that can be a little tough to zipper up when full where as the newer models have a roll up top that would be a nice improvement.  After reading reviews and watching the Mosko Moto Reckless 40L or 80L videos I like the additional versatility and the capability to add on with the moly system.  Disclaimer: I've never seen the Reckless 40l or 80 L in person.

I just remembered I purchased a new Giant Loop Mojave tail bag with the possible tail pouch for use on my DRZ 400 or Beta 500.  I haven't tried it out or mounted it yet and I intend to use it for minimalist day rides and save the Great Basin for multi day rides where I need room for additional cloths and camping equipment.

Great feedback!  Thank you...

Kevin

Thank you for the feedback.  I ordered the Wolfman E-base and 3 rollie bags...