News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Pre-season tech day?

Started by Caseyjones, May 21, 2009, 09:47:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caseyjones

Anyone doing this? Anyone want to?

I dont have a shop here yet but I have plenty of room,  hand tools, welder and a BBQ grill if anyone is interested and nobody has one going already.  I dont need much more than to do the doo and maybe adjust valves.  Anyone looking for an excuse to break out some wrenches and service their bike?  I dont know how these things work so Im just throwing it out there.

Hank

Sounds like a good plan.   Are you in Rapid?

Caseyjones

Im in New Underwood, it is very near Rapid, maybe a 15 minute ride. Im expecting my crash bars and skid plate on the 26th via UPS.  I figured anytime after the 26th this might be a good way to enjoy the upcoming great weather and see who else is stirring in the area.

I thought I would spend a day getting to know the guts of my bike and grill some dead animal, maybe even enjoy a cigar. Thought I would throw an invite to anyone else that thought that sounded good. My schedule is fairly lax for the next week or two.

Hank

I won't make it due to distance, but hopefully some of the locals can.   I think we all enjoy grilled critter, and I know for a fact cigars are highly regarded by a number of the boys (myself included).

sdguy

I missed this post earlier, just wondering if the tech day happened?  I am at the point that I probably need the valves adjusted and the do done.  I used to wrench on old cars all the time, but am new to the motorcycle world but am willing to learn.  I have some real good SD grass feed cow in the freezer I would share.

Caseyjones

It never happened, It still sounds like a good idea though. I have recently been spotting a buttload of KLRs on the raod.