News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

September 2020 Discussion

Started by Hank, July 11, 2020, 09:34:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hank

Wacked

Hey Guys - we are 2 months out from Fall Rally!

Let's get signed up and not wait for the last minute.  No common food again due to continued COVID BS. 

Custer Crazy Horse treated us really well last year - cabins, RV slots, and camp sites are all in the same common area.  Campground is just on the edge of town if you need gas, food, or supplies

Call Twila and get your reservation going!

Fletch

I believe I will be riding Friday and Saturday so if anyone is interested in single track let me know. Depending on how many we have we may split into a couple groups.
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Wacked

Request -

5'4 college girl wants to try out this dual sport thing.   Do you have a bike you'd be willing to let her ride during DDSR?   This would be a XT225 type of deal.  She has a big Ol cruiser that she is capable on and rides 2-3 times per week.  The dirt would be a new thing for her.

What do you got?

Harry Potter

She would probably be best off doing some dirt bike skill training first. That's about how tall Meg Braap is, have her study Meg's videos.
"The best modification you can make to your bike is a better rider," Jimmy Lewis.

Harry Potter

About what time on Saturday morning does the group line up to take off?  Thanks.
"The best modification you can make to your bike is a better rider," Jimmy Lewis.

Wacked

FINAL COUNT-DOWN ...........

WEATHER -
Appears like rain and temps will be Perfect for riding all over Custer this Weekend

FOOD -
So, after talking around to different people in DDSR, we are cautiously setting up for food.  Why???   Right or wrong, many of us are a little more relaxed about this Covid stuff  AND  several people said they missed getting together and hanging out and telling lies around food    AND  food is harder to come by in Custer - especially breakfast.  We will try to make it so there is less "communal" handling of food.  So, heres the plan

Thurs nite - No food - you are on your own
Friday breakfast 7:30-8:00  - Scrambled Eggs with TaterTots
Friday supper - 6:00ish  - Chili
Saturday Breakfast 7:30-8:00 - Biscuits and gravy
Saturday Supper - 6:00ish Pizza Hut
Sunday am - No Food - you are on your own
- Lunch every day is on your own -
  .....  This is free will donatation.  Pay us what you think its worth ....  Money thrown into the kitty helps us eat better at the next DDSR Rally ......

RIDES
Generally be ready to hit the road 9:30ish

Friday - Mike wants to go on some EZ flowing single tracks .....  he promises they will be fun!!

Saturday - I'll take a group down to Rattlesnake country (Mt. Pilger).  This is easy going 2-track country with some gravel

Any other rides people are thinking about??? 

MISC -

Thanks to Gerry for being willing to supply wood for the fire pit - 2nd year in a row!!!

Remember to tell Twyla and crew what great hosts they are at Custer Crazy Horse

Wacked

Fletch

any interested parties for Friday morning single track??
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Wacked

I'm bringing the small bike - thinking I might do some single tracking after I get done with kitchen duties. 

The weather looks PERFECT on Friday for some trails.

mitchn06

Tore my ACL, I'm out. Sorry dudes, I'm bummed, first time I missed a whole year in 5 years. Getting old sucks. Have fun, ride safe, send pics....of motorcycles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014.5 Kawasaki KLR650 New Edition