News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

I seem to have done it again. CSC RX3

Started by ross/xt350, February 13, 2021, 11:36:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross/xt350

I was perusing the local facelist or craigsbook and came across a deal i just couldn't pass up. A 2016 csc rx3 with about 4000 miles on it for a steal of a price as it has a common stalling issue and the pervious owner wasn't the most mechanically inclined and wanted it gone. If anyone is interested in how these particular peices of communism are to actually live with i can certainly do a write up on it. It seems to be of decent quality at first glance and i have actually been pretty happy with my Brozz so far. Hopefully this is actually the "deal" that it purports to be.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2000 xt350
2013 tw200
2018 bashan brozz 250 blue eagle deluxe #1 hotdog cowboy rocketship

locopny

Yes. I'd be interested in seeing how this compares.  Have a couple friends that are interested in these 'cheaper' entry models. Firsthand knowledge would be invaluable.
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L
When can I go riding again? Crashing sucks!

ross/xt350

Well i did one commute and a pleasure cruise with it so far now that its above freezing around here and so far I have to say much like the brozz it is better than i thought it would be. The stalling issue is totally sorted out. It was just as i suspected, tight valves. The previous owner tried adjusting them and made a bit of a hash of it but its all good now and she runs like a swiss....... car. To be fair the valve adjustment is a bit of a phaf on these. It is single overhead cam with rockers and 4 valves with jamnuts but its so tight in there its not easy to do on the exhaust side. Anyway i have about 150 miles on so far and here is the report.

The power is a bit strange on this motor. It redlines at 9000 rpm and makes most of its power around 5-8 grand which is good because if you want to cruise at 65mph you will be right at 7500 rpm all day long. It seems happy to sit there all day but it is a bit odd for me to ride wound the **** out all day long. People on china riders have put tens of thousands of miles on that way without issue though so it must be made for it. Bottom end is a bit doggy and if your bucking a headwind you will run out of power around 65-70mph. Also if you make it up to 85mph maybe back off cause your at redline in 6th. Side note these are indicated not gps verified. I understand most of these bikes are +10% on the speedo so we will see. I will probably end up splicing in a speedodrd to fix it.

The rider position and ergonomics are very good. The seat height is low and comfortable. Im 5,11 and i can easily flat foot it. I think even my 5,6 wife could flat foot it no problem. The wind protection is actually quite good. And the controls feel reasonably high quality.

The mileage is pretty good as you would expect from a 250. I got 52.6 mpg today so with a 4.2 gallon tank you can expect 220.92 miles between fills. The guage will tell you empty with half a tank left though so thats anoying.

The fuel injection is a delphi system so if you drive a GM product you've used their systems before. Its smooth and quite reliable according to the forums. Diagnosis is a weird deal since it is not obd2 unfortunately. Were talking software in Chinese, home made diagnostic cables, and translated screen grabs off the forum. I guess I always like a challenge. Maybe this the excuse i need to learn mandarin.

Overall im quite happy to have a smooth running hwy machine for broken china bike money. It is actually quite planted on gravel as well. My only hiccup so far is I have found a false neutral between 5th and 6th of all places twice now. We will see if that sorts it self out with mileage or if i have to be very intentional going foreward with that specific shift. If anyone has questions i love to talk. If not ill update in a few months anyway. Well see if my most recent foray into east Asian communism is a bust or not.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2000 xt350
2013 tw200
2018 bashan brozz 250 blue eagle deluxe #1 hotdog cowboy rocketship