News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Tires

Started by Fletch, August 17, 2020, 09:32:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fletch

In the never ending quest for the perfect tire for the Adventure I'm trying the new Dunlop Trailmax Mission. So far, while not the holy grail by any means, it seems damn good! pavement performance is fantastic far better than the TKC 80's I had on previously. It also out performs the TKC on the gravel, much more stable and while acceleration may not be any better the braking is noticeably improved. I haven't tried them on too many trails yet, but they seem to work well in dry, rocky stuff. So far these are the best tires I've used they claim near K60 wear as well, we will see?  Thought I'd share in case anyone else is in the tire market.
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Abercrombie

I have a new set waiting to be mounted up on the Super Tenere.  I was going to mount them up for use on a June trip to Red Lodge for cruising around the Big Horn mountain back roads but decided I could squeeze one more trip out of the TKC 70s that were currently mounted.  The reviews were so glowing and calling them the holy grail so I can't wait to give them a try.

I also can't wait to get these Moto Z Tractionator Enduro I/T mounted up on the Beta 500 to try out for the Black Hills fall rally next month.

tannerc

Ive tried the tractionhaters. was not impressed at all. The front was really washy in the loose corners, no warning just gone.
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

Fletch

For the 300 I have not found a better combination the. mX52 front and AT 81 rear.  The fronts a little washy on gravel but you can ride around it.  The rear hooks up even when it's worn down to nothing.  I'm sure the ibex is better but I can't afford to replace tires every other ride.   

greatbuffalo

i have been considering the Motoz Tractionator GPS for the T7 when the stocks wear out. They have gotten some great reviews as well with great wear, similar or better that the K60...  So many choices.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Fletch

Quote from: greatbuffalo on August 18, 2020, 02:51:23 PM
i have been considering the Motoz Tractionator GPS for the T7 when the stocks wear out. They have gotten some great reviews as well with great wear, similar or better that the K60...  So many choices.

they were on my list as well.  realistically probably 90% of my riding is pavement or gravel so I aimed more for the best performance there, as well as wear.

locopny

This tire keeps coming up as a good/great all around tire.

Thinking I may get them over the winter here...should have done sooner.  Replace the stock Dunlop on the AT.

They are in the top 3 tires on my list.  Only 3500 on the stockers but terrible off gravel roads where they perform just above poorly. 

how is your assessment of the tires now that they have been on a little bit...?
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L
When can I go riding again? Crashing sucks!

Fletch

I have no complaints so far. seem to work as well for what I use them for. went for a little ride with Dave, Paul, and Joel a few weeks ago and the handle the packed snow sections as good as anything else I've tried?

greatbuffalo

I am going to try the motoz tractionater GPS. Read some great reviews

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Fletch

It will be interesting to see how they work in the wet. I like everything about the way  they look (although borderline to square profile for me) except that solid center on the rear, it gives me K60 flashbacks.

Abercrombie

I still haven't mounted up the Dunlop Trailmax Missions on the Tenere or the Moto Z Tractionator I/T Enduros on the Beta yet. 

If someone is looking for a cheap 90/10 adventure bike street tire Chapmoto.com has a set of Dunlop Trailsmart for $130.00.  I've bought a set and  think I will be mounting them up for a March trip were I'll be hitting the states of FL, AL, MS, SC, and GA with nothing more than a little gravel. 

locopny

I think that's what the AT comes with factory (Trailsmart). Little squirrelly on gravel but decent paved road manners.
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L
When can I go riding again? Crashing sucks!