News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Spring and Fall Rallies 2021

Started by greatbuffalo, September 27, 2020, 12:32:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greatbuffalo

So its time to start thinking again about rallies for 2021.

I had said I would get this out days ago but life got in the way. Anyway......

Dates for Spring will Father Day weekend again, June 17 - 20

There was a loose meeting of some minds at the the fall rally about next spring. It was mentioned by a few to check into Custer Crossing Campground. The main thing is easy access to both two track and single track. They have nice cabins and a restaurant.

In talking with Laurie, her and her husband David have owned the place for 3 years. They have made lots of improvements. They are also trying to get their name out there as a destination for offroad motorcyclists so our group would be very welcomed.

Here is the particulars:
RV Sites: $35 a night
RV sites are Electric only, 30 and 50 amp. They have enough hose to fill water tanks and have a dump station on site. For their longer stays they can pump them out.

Cabins: $55 a night
Cabins are nice with 2 new queen beds in each. Also have heat and A/C.

Tents: $10 a night
Tents can be set up in various area on nice grass.

They are also offering us a 10% discount on RV, Cabin and Tent rates.

*ADDED*  There is a $50 dollar reservation fee. If you cancel up to 1 week before you will 1/2 back. This is the only thing I didn't like but apparently they have had a lot of people bail on them.

I am going to leave this up for a couple days for comment and then make a decision.  I think this would be a very nice place tp stay and would serve all better. The owners are very helpful and friendly. They would LOVE to have our business.

Will answer any question you may have if I can, or I will find the answer for you.

Fall Rally 2021 was also discussed and plans were made to repeat again next year at Crazy Horse Campground in Custer. Everyone seemed to have a great time and some amazing riding was found. Dates will be Sept 16 thru 19.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

KLC63

I like it. Great service and great proximity to all the different trails.
THE OLDER I GET, THE FASTER I WAS.

sandhillrider

Sounds like a great plan. Thanks for checking things out.

Wacked

I had lunch there for the 1st time ever - great food.    The place has really been cleaned up from what I remember several years ago.  I think it would be cool to try them out

tannerc

Single track folks will appreciate being closer to the trails!
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

Fletch

Quote from: tannerc on September 29, 2020, 03:18:08 PM

single track numbers seem to be dwindling, I'm going to have to work on my marketing....
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Abercrombie

Quote from: Fletch on September 29, 2020, 03:20:52 PM
Quote from: tannerc on September 29, 2020, 03:18:08 PM

single track numbers seem to be dwindling, I'm going to have to work on my marketing....

I'm afraid the word has already gotten out about your single track selection.   You better have some fancy marketing and hide the x-rays.  :-)

Fletch

hmm...I have all winter to work on it.. and I went for a street bike ride Sunday so I'm almost healed... ;) ;D

and for the record I've never broken anyone but myself, it's all peace love and happiness on the single track man...
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

greatbuffalo

The Spring Rally at Custer Crossing Campground on June 17 - 20 is a go.

Please do your best to get your reservations early if you plan to attend.

Will have Hank build us a thread under the proper heading.

You can find additional info on the Campground at:
custercrossingcampground.com
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?