Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Hank

Perfect.   Kickstands up at what time?

Sent from my Commodore Pet

greatbuffalo

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

Fletch

I think Brad will be along shortly to post all the rides, but if you are interested in single track I will be leaving the Sugar Shack at 9:30 both Friday and Saturday. (could be talked into Sunday too?). The plan for Friday is the nice easy stuff S. of Sugar Shack, then up to Riley Hill, then Nemo via 8575. Plenty of places to bail out along the way if you only want to do part of the day. Should all be relatively easy. Then on Saturday we will ride some of the more challenging stuff for those who are into that sort of thing.

**contrary to campfire rumors this is not some sadistic death ride. Nobody has ever been seriously injured, left for dead, disappeared, or had a permanent psychological disability from this ride. We will adjust to whatever speed everyone is comfortable with and when you've had enough we will get you to a road within 10 minutes. No reason not to give it a try.. I will call it the peace love and happiness single track ride.....
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Hank

Quote from: Fletch on June 14, 2021, 08:25:49 AM
...contrary to campfire rumors this is not some sadistic death ride......

What?   I'm out.

Haha, looking forward to it.   Wish I could ride Saturday for the gnarlier stuff!

greatbuffalo

Thanks Mike

Wacked

Planned Rides

Thursday
1:00 - Eastern Loop - Bigger bikes - Two Tracks and Fireroads

Friday
9:30 - Sugar Style - Single tracking - Easy Flow - Leaves from Sugar Shack
9:00 - Miners Double - Two Tracking - Fun and Easy - a lot of two tracks South to Hill City and towards Custer - Beer stop on the way
9:00 - Off The Maps - Medium two tracks - heading up north beyond National Forest into Deadwood and back up Bulldog Canyon
9:00 - Dead Ends - Two Tracks and Gravel - Starts out West and then Southward exploring Gravestones and Cemeteries of the Black Hills -
              suited for big and medium bikes
9:00 - DIY Freeform - Go out and explore!  Talk to one of the locals about areas to ride

Saturday
9:30 - Rough and Tumble - Single tracking - Better have your big boy panties on for this one - Leaves from Sugar Shack
9:00 - Slow and Easy - Single Tracking with some double - Slow fun run for "Seniors" and "Newb's" who want to experiment with the single tracks
9:00 - Westward Ho! - Two Tracks out West towards Wyoming - find the birthplace of the infamous Grubbie Rock
9:00 - Miners Double - Two Tracking - Fun and Easy - a lot of two tracks South to Hill City and towards Custer - Beer stop on the way
9:00 - DIY Freeform - Go out and explore!  Talk to one of the locals about areas to ride

greatbuffalo

Thanks Brad

Abercrombie

Quote from: Wacked on June 14, 2021, 12:30:26 PM

Planned Rides

Thursday
1:00 - Eastern Loop - Bigger bikes - Two Tracks and Fireroads

Friday
9:30 - Sugar Style - Single tracking - Easy Flow - Leaves from Sugar Shack
9:00 - Off The Maps - Medium two tracks - heading up north beyond National Forest into Deadwood and back up Bulldog Canyon
9:00 - Dead Ends - Two Tracks and Gravel - Starts out West and then Southward exploring Gravestones and Cemeteries of the Black Hills -
              suited for big and medium bikes

Saturday
9:30 - Rough and Tumble - Single tracking - Better have your big boy panties on for this one - Leaves from Sugar Shack
9:00 - Slow and Easy - Single Tracking with some double - Slow fun run for "Seniors" and "Newb's" who want to experiment with the single tracks
9:00 - Westward Ho! - Two Tracks out West towards Wyoming - find the birthplace of the infamous Grubbie Rock

WOW,  Brad that is some amazing organization!  I need to find some of the organizational skills and knowledge to get something like this put together for the July Tenere / adventure bike rally.   

The motorcycle school is killing me this spring with rider coaches retiring and one quiting because of heat exhaustion every time it gets hot.   I'm just going out to get last years fall rally dirt washed off the Beta, and ready for some TLC, fresh fluids and tires.  The Italian princes hasn't even been out of the garage yet this year.      :'( :'( :'(

I can't wait to see everybody!

Fletch

Quote from: Hank on June 14, 2021, 08:36:37 AM
   Wish I could ride Saturday for the gnarlier stuff!

we can get a little in later in the day Friday if you want.
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

tannerc

Well Ill be joining the break in (fri) and death march (sat) with fletch.
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

Harry Potter

Quote from: Wacked on June 13, 2021, 03:47:34 PM

Tim - We do have an easy single track scheduled for Saturday.  Kyle will be leading it and promised to keep it low key.  It snakes down Experimental Forest and on the West side of Mystic

Wacked
Good, Am going to do my best to be there bright and early Saturday morning. Got to work Friday.
"The best modification you can make to your bike is a better rider," Jimmy Lewis.

tannerc

First Video from the Friday ride with Kyle, Jason, Kevin, Nate & James

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRaRsQ0MT_0

I did get pictures posted on the facebooks, more videos to come as time allows.

http://youtu.be/tfnKoW36x6k
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

Thryago

Hello Dakota Dual Sport! Joined at the request of a guy named Jerry who rides a Kawasaki green Suzuki DR400. I am 1 of the two guys you talked to across from the Sugar Shack on Friday. So I looked up the site and registered. If Jerry reads this want you to know we stopped by your camp to look at the Kawasaki on the trailer. Great looking bike! May still want to buy it off you if your interested. I might have a buyer. Did not spend any time looking at your ebike though.
Thryago

hbadventure

I wanted to extend a sincere thank you to the Dakota Dual Sport Riders. I brought my sons last year and had a wonderful time with Brad as an EXCELENT Ride leader. My wife was a weeee bit jealous of the time we had. SO. I brought her this year and sent the kids to church camp. My wife does great on gravel roads and "Midwest two track" but had never been on something like the back side of Cement Ridge. Well she was certainly not fast, but she pulled up her britches and rode it and maybe hit the ground but she got back up and she built skills, and learned from one of the best group of guys we have had the pleasure of riding with. Paul, Nathaniel, Derek, and Joel, I believe were the guys names that we rode with. These guys are true gentlemen! They represent the best that South Dakota has to offer in my opinion and that is great people. (Trails are pretty cool too) These guys were patient with Mackenzie and were just a crack up to listen to on the communicators and I want to shout out a HUGE thank you. It is hard to get the ladies to ride with us, but with guys like these, I can tell you she had fun and felt safe. SO there it is guys. Thank you. If you ever want to ride Kansas, Arkansas, Oklahoma the places I know well. You know who to call I will show you the best I can offer.
There is no excuse for what I am about to do.