Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Spring Rally June 17-20, 2021

Started by greatbuffalo, October 12, 2020, 07:15:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greatbuffalo

Spring Rally has been set. June 17 - 20, 2021. Custer Crossing Campground
Dates for Spring will Father Day weekend again, June 17 - 20

There was a loose meeting of some minds at the the fall rally about next spring. It was mentioned by a few to check into Custer Crossing Campground. The main thing is easy access to both two track and single track. They have nice cabins and a restaurant.

In talking with Laurie, her and her husband David have owned the place for 3 years. They have made lots of improvements. They are also trying to get their name out there as a destination for offroad motorcyclists so our group would be very welcomed.

Here is the particulars:
RV Sites: $35 a night
RV sites are Electric only, 30 and 50 amp. They have enough hose to fill water tanks and have a dump station on site. For their longer stays they can pump them out.

Cabins: $55 a night
Cabins are nice with 2 new queen beds in each. Also have heat and A/C.

Tents: $10 a night
Tents can be set up in various area on nice grass.

They are also offering us a 10% discount on RV, Cabin and Tent rates.

*ADDED*  There is a $50 dollar reservation fee. If you cancel up to 1 week before you will 1/2 back. This is the only thing I didn't like but apparently they have had a lot of people bail on them.

I think this will be a very nice place to stay and would serve all better. There is better access to trails for all and the single track guys will be happier. The owners are very helpful and friendly. They would LOVE to have our business.

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

greatbuffalo

Just a reminder to be thinking about making reservations early if you haven't already done so. After the new year people start thinking about the spring. Get the jump before things fill up.

Abercrombie

Quote from: greatbuffalo on December 07, 2020, 05:58:53 PM
Just a reminder to be thinking about making reservations early if you haven't already done so. After the new year people start thinking about the spring. Get the jump before things fill up.

Thanks for the kick in the tail Dan.  I just made the call.

Chipper

I would also like to thank all of you for your efforts!

See you all in June!

greatbuffalo

Another friendly reminder to get your reservations in before its too late. They have had cabin reservations from our group but only a couple of RV Reservations from DDSR.

locopny

I'm going to wing it.
I'm thinking worst case I should be able to find a tent spot.
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L
When can I go riding again? Crashing sucks!

Wacked

Went to Custer Crossing for Breakfast yesterday and got a cabin reserved for DDSR from Thurs to Sat nite! 

They only have 2 more left!

Camper and tent sights are still quite open.  I'd get on it before these sites get taken over by summer-time UTV fans.

Wacked

IYAAYAS

Just reserved a cabin for the rally. They are down to one cabin available for that weekend.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

greatbuffalo

Would like to know who is coming so we can get an idea what to expect and plan accordingly. Looking forward to seeing you all there.

Copy and paste the below form in your reply to sign up:

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE:
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY:
DATE ARRIVING:
DATE LEAVING:
TENT OR RV:
SIZE OF RV:
NUMBER OF TENTS:

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

Fletch

I'll probably just do the usual. Show up for some single track and go home at the end of the day. Anyone interested in single track let me know and we will get it set up ..
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

greatbuffalo

Thanks Mike

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

IYAAYAS

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: Nate / IYAAYAS
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY: 2
DATE ARRIVING: 17
DATE LEAVING: 20
TENT OR RV: Cabin
SIZE OF RV:
NUMBER OF TENTS:

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Lonesome Dave

I messed up!  This post was suppose to be on the other "sign-up" thread.  I copied it over to there.

Name / Internet Handle:  Lonesome Dave
Number In Your Party: Me, and maybe her, but who knows!
Date Arriving:  Thursday
Date Leaving:  Sunday
Tent or RV:  --
RV size:  --
Number of Tents:  --

I thought I had signed up already, but I guess not!  I paid for the cabin months ago! 
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Harry Potter

Quote from: Fletch on April 23, 2021, 03:27:57 PM
I'll probably just do the usual. Show up for some single track and go home at the end of the day. Anyone interested in single track let me know and we will get it set up ..

Any chance for Single Track for Seniors on Saturday? :)
"The best modification you can make to your bike is a better rider," Jimmy Lewis.

Wacked

Single Track for Seniors Run? 

I like it.  Should have Ron take you out for a run - NAH.... that would be mean.

Sure....   I can lead a "Chilled" single track Saturday.  Would like to keep it to no more than 5-6 victims.

Wacked