Spring Rally June 17-20, 2021

Started by greatbuffalo, October 12, 2020, 07:15:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sprout

Quote from: greatbuffalo on May 02, 2021, 05:54:50 PM
What he said.....

Thank you Brad.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

Cheap ASS?? I'm sure I will be waiting on Brad to get out a the woods...not the other way around. Besides my flip phone doesn't have gps :-*

greatbuffalo

Spoke too Laurie at Custer Crossing today and she was thinking about doing a breakfast buffet while we are there based on my assumption that there will be about 20 people from.our group that will likely do breakfast. If there are any that have not signed up on the sign up thread, please do so we have good idea on how many will be there.

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Cav47

Just bought my BH trails permit. 

Pretty excited to see some of the area from the dirt after at least 6 trips out to the Hills on pavement.

2012 KLX250  Adventure Seeker.

greatbuffalo

The hills are often best seen through the trees. Besides, its a lot quieter out there with (usually) less people.

hipster

Hi Dan, I see you have the Yamaha Tenere 700, how are you liking the bike?  I sold my KTM 990 and the T7 is on my list of bikes to check out, if it ever becomes available...

greatbuffalo

Tom I love it. Have got very few issues with it.

greatbuffalo

You can take mine for a ride any time your out this way.

Wacked

Yesterday, had breakfast at Custer Crossing and did some scouting with Dave on a route he's laying out.  Some things came to mind:

- bring a chair for hanging around the campfire
- bring fuel or a Gerry can so we minimize the bottle neck at the pump .... I thought they had 2 pumps; guess its only 1
- you may want to bring a scarf or baclava for out on the trail - It was dusty out there!

Looks like the temps should be decent for riding at the end of the week!

Harry Potter

Is there a chance of Saturday Senior Single Track or should I bring a dual sport? Thanks.
"The best modification you can make to your bike is a better rider," Jimmy Lewis.

Wacked

Tim - We do have an easy single track scheduled for Saturday.  Kyle will be leading it and promised to keep it low key.  It snakes down Experimental Forest and on the West side of Mystic

Wacked

Wacked

Thursday -

I plan on showing up at Custer Crossing sometime between noon and 1 and leading an easy 2-Track/Fire-road run until 5/6ish pm.  I'll be on the T7 for this run

Wacked

greatbuffalo

I will be there later afternoon on Tuesday. Gonna finalize my ride on Wednesday as it was hastily put together

Will be available to show some boondocking spots as people need them.

I can lead or follow on Thursday.

Hank

Is anyone planning to ride some single track on Friday?

I'm planning on getting out there as early as possible Thursday - probably mid afternoon before I'd show up at the camp.    Will also be riding Friday.

greatbuffalo

Hank, Mike us leading a single track ride on Friday.

Hank

Awesome!    I'll be riding my old 400, mostly because I have a bit of a commute from where I'm staying.    I'd rather have my 300 for ST, but the 400 is still more capable than I am (by a long shot), so it should be ok!