Come on, summer...

Main Menu

2020 Nevada 200

Started by Kevin, October 20, 2020, 04:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Look ahead and you'll shred...

Kevin

Bare with me, I am having issues with the video and the system won't let me delete my post...  :o

Another try.  The event was extremely dusty and dry, but the trails were a blast and even a little technical in places. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1vwqcv1zcQ

tannerc

"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

Kevin

The Nevada 200 trail ride is a three day very well organized event.  Typically the Friday ride is ~ 50 miles, Saturday is ~ 100 miles, catered barbeque at the half way point, and Sunday is ~ 50 mile.  Trails are a mix of mostly single track, very primitive 2 track and a little maintained dirt road connecting sections.  There is an "A" ride and a "C" ride.  The A and C rides follow most of the same trails with the exception of some A detours throwing in sections of challenging technical riding for those wanting to stretch their ability a bit.  Scot Harden and Best in the Desert put on the event.  Beta USA has current model bikes on hand to test ride, Motion Pro is there with nice discounts, as are Klim and Ceat Concepts.  Tom Webb (Dirt Bike Magazine) and his brothers Mike and Tripper where there and rode as well.  The 2021 ride is scheduled for April 16, 17, 18.  The event is a little spendy, the but experience is great...  Link below will tell you more.

I smashed my rear break lever Friday on the first A section, Beta USA had a replacement on hand and gave it to me to make repairs and have a rear brake for the remainder of the ride.  It had been a long time since I experienced no rear brake.  The experience reminded me I use my rear brake to turn a lot...   :o 

https://harden-offroad.com/nevada-200-trailride

Abercrombie

The price seems awfully fair to me for the experience and what it includes.  The great part is its held two weeks before I open the motorcycle school in West Fargo.   :-\