News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Well that didn't go as planned.

Started by locopny, December 08, 2020, 05:32:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

locopny

Got out again this afternoon for a quick ride to hold off the upcoming cold weather/snow.
Got a small dirt nap with the Twin.  Still seeing what injuries are going to come out of this...but I'm thinking a cracked or bruised ribs and twisted my knee.  Fair to say I'm done riding this season.  Dad rode it home when they came to rescue me.
Probably ought to have swapped tires this year rather than waiting til spring.
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L
When can I go riding again? Crashing sucks!

Wacked

Bummer!!!   

At least its the end of the riding season.  You'll be healed up an ready to give 'Er Heck next spring .....

locopny

Yeah...time to spend some $$ on tires and a new blinker and some bark busters?

Pretty sore.  Think it's a shitty thing. But it happens.
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L

locopny

pain relief pills got me last night so no Zoom appearance.  But recovery is coming along much better than I expected now that I'm no longer 20. Cant do much twisting as it pulls hard on the ribs.  Getting a decent size bruise and I'm thankful for that as it was slightly concerning it was staying internal or just slow to expose itself.  I'm still not able to get out to see the bike and see any other damage.
However.  Did some repair parts searching. 
Not really coming up with much for parts yet without getting new.  Would like to get some "barkbuster" style hand guards rather than the plastic "snap off" style.  Plus its the time to replace with an upgrade.
Still looking at WAAY too many tire choices.  Factory provided pavement pounders to barely legal MT21 Pirelli and everything in between gives me overload. 
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L

Fletch

Adventure tire shopping is a rabbit hole for sure! I'm trying the new Dunlop Trailmax missions advertised as a 50/50 but I'd say more 70/30 road? although they do seem to work well the little I've had them offroad. I liked the Mitas E-07 on the 1190 but traded it off before I could see how long they last? 

something to kill some time:   
https://youtu.be/gjtgLz1LjnE
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

locopny

you running them as the road tread or the offroad tread?  As if it would make a difference to me maybe haha
although it did say that it made a difference as the direction they were mounted.
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L

Fletch

I think that was for one of the other ones?  I mounted them according to the arrows on the tire?   I am a little street biased because when I hit the twisties I like to ride, how shall we say, "in a spirited fashion" so the better it works on the pavement the more I like it. I hated the Heidnau for its crap performance in the wet. Off road I don't do anything to extreme because the bike is a pig so I can give up a little off road performance.

locopny

Gotcha.  If I stuck to a gravel road I could make those Dunlops from factory work...until they wore out.  Just peachy on pavement though. Felt solid in "spirited" riding on road. As Sprout said ride like a white guy off highway...maybe that's what he meant?
May have mixed up tires...only have a dozen I'm considering
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L

Fletch

locopny

Merry Christmas to you and your family...guess I'm Santa's beyotch this year.
Yes it's an old photo. (Actually be happy to stand like that today without discomfort)
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L

locopny

time heals...but man its slow.
get some very light normal stuff to do now.
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L

Fletch

ribs seem to take far longer to heal than they should, or so I've heard.....

locopny

That is a fair assessment.  I'm in one month and its not killing me to do most things now, but still is pretty darn unpleasant if that edge of the envelope is pushed.  And that edge isn't very far yet.  Got told to expect 6 weeks for something that resembles normal...then the rehab portion starts.  Already feel like I'm losing ground on my exercise and fitness.
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L

locopny

Well, just passed the 2 month mark and my Dr has said he sees improvement but it's gonna be awhile yet.  He let me know I really did mess myself up more than originally thought. I guess it's a dance...few steps forward and a few steps back. Cold weather isn't helping and I'll agree.  Way longer than I thought I'd be down. Still not driving yet as I can't yet trust my muscles to hold up
Didn't even get to equipment prep this winter...let alone any prep or repair to bike. (Ya kno the important stuff!)

DON'T DO WHAT I DID!
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L

locopny

2 days into rehab/refreshing the muscles...Its almost as uncomfortable as what caused me to need it the first place.
Looks like another 6 weeks and I'll be close to where I was pre crash.  Guess I did my 'off' to the fullest.
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L