News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Well that didn't go as planned.

Started by locopny, December 08, 2020, 05:32:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

locopny

Put in my big walk today...around 11 blocks.  yeah with a  stop along the way.  By block 8 or 9 my knee started feeling good...my back started feeling good about an hour after I got back home.  BUT its one 'step' closer to riding.  Didn't really accomplish much other than the exercises and the walk.  But I did get out in the garage for awhile...Charged up the battery on the Twin and got it running since it was parked in the garage in Dec.  Tried to figure out how to get at the blinker to fix it--looks like a broken screw is all...how lucky would that be.  Think I need to order that repair manual to figure out the disassembly proceedure on the bodywork. Gave up and recovered the drivers seat in the Karmann Ghia. I've only had the covers for 2+ years.  It was time.  Tomorrow...the passenger seat.  Maybe.
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L
When can I go riding again? Crashing sucks!

greatbuffalo

Good to hear you are making progress.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Abercrombie

Well that sounds like progress.  I don't think things heal up as quickly as they used to.  It took about a year and a half for my right shoulder to heal after a near 0 MPH get off on the Beta.  Its easy to nurse those injuries and the muscle goes away quickly and comes back slowly. 

locopny

Yeah it's progress. Just not as quick as I want. It's a bit slow to come back IMHO. But am told internal bruising made it more than what met the eye.
Guess I didn't do my 'off' half-assed.
Walks are easy...wall angels and planks SUCK.
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L

locopny

Tires and barkbusters are on way.  Starting to drive again although not real far at this point.  Lost 20 lbs in this "adventure".  Silver lining?? maybe. I'm in better shape post crash than pre crash.  I'm still doing the rehab and strengthening exercises.  probably will even when back to normal.
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L

locopny

Tips on tire removal/install?  No center stand...but I do have a transmission jack from ChinaFreight that I used once.  Figure Id try that one end at a time?  Dumb idea?  This AT is much heavier than the XL to lift onto the car ramp I used previously on its tire swaps.

Repair manual is likely next week arrival.

Barkbusters look straight forward install...and am looking at reusing my factory hand guards on them since one broke anyway. Might save me $35 or so.

Not ready to ride it just yet anyway...but getting more confident that it will be much sooner than I thought during the healing process.
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L

greatbuffalo

2 words... center stand. You already said it.
You could put the kickstand down and shove a 2x4 under the swing arm o. The other side.
If you have an aversion to a center stand think about how it would be if you had to do a tire repair on the road or Trail. The center stand begins to make a lot of sense on a big bike.
Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Abercrombie

Quote from: locopny on April 09, 2021, 10:32:16 PM
Tips on tire removal/install?  No center stand...but I do have a transmission jack from ChinaFreight that I used once.  Figure Id try that one end at a time?  Dumb idea?  This AT is much heavier than the XL to lift onto the car ramp I used previously on its tire swaps.

Repair manual is likely next week arrival.

Not ready to ride it just yet anyway...but getting more confident that it will be much sooner than I thought during the healing process.

I might know a guy in Abercrombie with a motorcycle lift, motorcycle scissor lift jack, a NoMar Motorcycle tire changer, static tire balancer, very nice assortment of stick on weights or counteract balancing beads, all the needed tools, and the experience of several dozen tire changes.  If you have a trailer to get the big Honda to Abercrombie or wait till you're able to ride here, I might be able to help you out.

locopny

I think I might know him too?? haha
I'll keep that in mind.  I just wanted those tires in house so to speak while I was able to order them.  Last I looked at center stands they were out of stock.  haven't looked recently.
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L

locopny

Did a couple very short rides....blocks not miles. Guess I bent the handle bars too.
At least it's not terrible. Going to try a garage bend back.
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L