News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Moab Fall 2020 ****RESCHEDULED****

Started by greatbuffalo, December 21, 2019, 03:38:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

The Nevada 200 is postponed until October.  I want to go somewhere and ride so bad I can taste it... :o
Look ahead and you'll shred...

greatbuffalo

Still planning this trip but read something yesterday that could throw a monkey wrench into the works.

https://www.aspendailynews.com/news/moab-area-closes-hotels-campgrounds-to-slow-spread-of-covid/article_0389119c-68c1-11ea-8de6-7749ef3ddc45.html

Still trying to figure out what they are saying. First they say they aren't taking reservations at hotels and campgrounds for 30 days. They are also saying this means on public lands. Does this mean pay sites on public lands or does this also include BLM boondocking sites as well. I will see what I can find out on Monday regarding this. The hope its just for the 30 days and then it will be over. read several places where this is being pushed by the small rural hospital in town being worried about an influx of more than they can handle and I get that. The service industry there is supportive but not for long.

Anyway, just throwing this out there for info. I will keep an eye on the situation, gather all the info I can and hope for the best.

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Wacked

Hmmm ......

Last week I had "travel guidelines/restrictions" placed on me from work......  its a healthcare thing.

These guidelines impact how and if I visit my out of state kids and elderly parents.  It will certainly impacts how I go screw around on a motorcycle in Utah. 

I probably need to bow out.  The distance and hoops of getting this ride approved likely will not happen for me.

Hope I can do this trip vicariously through one of you all's!

Wacked

greatbuffalo

Not sure if it will happen for anyone. I'm holding out but understand the position you are in, my situation is similar but not as restricted. Damn virus

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

greatbuffalo

In evaluating the current state of affairs I have made the decision to cancel the Moab trip for this spring. Moab and the surrounding area have been shut down and I really don't see that changing before before this trip is supposed to happen.

I am hoping that maybe we can try again again in the fall. maybe around Fall Rally time. 

locopny

Understandable...however unpleasant.

"Damn virus" - someone I know
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L
When can I go riding again? Crashing sucks!

Kevin

greatbuffalo

Has been rescheduled for Oct. 2nd - 11th

sandhillrider

Would love to go but doubt I'll have a T7 by then.
Really wouldn't fit in on the Beta.
Will try for 2021 or 2022 whenever Yamaha sends me one.

greatbuffalo

Yes you would.

Kevin

COVID permitting I will be riding in Nevada with Scot Harden and company Oct 9 - 11.