News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Black Hills Trail GPS File

Started by ___lee, March 01, 2021, 04:16:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

___lee

I will heading out to the Black Hills the week before memorial day to do some camping/riding. I was hoping I could run down some trail maps I could add to my Garmin. Any other sources would be appreciated as wel.

Fletch

Avenza is what I use, works great, but I think you can download the MVUM maps for other platforms at the BHNF website?
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

KLC63

Avenza was the only platform in 2020. Hopefully they add more again this year though.
THE OLDER I GET, THE FASTER I WAS.

___lee

I found this resource: https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/blackhills/maps-pubs/?cid=FSEPRD533421

I am looking to find good trails, roads in the area for a late May trip

Fletch

what kind of roads/trails are you looking for? what are you riding? how challenging do you want them to be?  I'm sure someone can offer some advice.

tannerc

Quote from: Fletch on March 02, 2021, 08:32:28 AM
what kind of roads/trails are you looking for? what are you riding? how challenging do you want them to be?  I'm sure someone can offer some advice.
All I can see is you doing some "hand wringing" while asking this question.  ;D :D
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

Fletch

___lee

Quote from: Fletch on March 02, 2021, 08:32:28 AM

I am looking for some off-road riding both easy to intermediate riding. I am not opposed to single tracks either.

We are staying at an Airbnb in Nemo, so I am looking at riding the Dakal and Butler routes. I figured to ask what late May looks like.

Fletch

what will you be riding? I'm not familiar with those routes, although I'm sure I've ridden most of them. I'm sure someone will be along with some info before too long.