2021 Black Hills Super Tenere / T7 rally July 22nd - 25th.

Started by Abercrombie, December 30, 2020, 10:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abercrombie

Since its just about the first of the year and I'm in full 2021 trip planning mode, I was just checked into the yamahasupertenere.com forum to see if there was any talk about any Tenere gatherings for this summer.  Much to my surprize the first gathering of the year is being proposed for the Black Hills. 

The early idea guy had visited the Nemo Guest Ranch last fall and was thinking about that location.  I know a few of you guys ride Super Teneres and T7s.  I was just wondering if any of you belonged to the Tenere Forum and or had any input or ideas of where and when would make a good location and time for a Tenere Rally?

I'm just looking for some discussion to add ideas for the trip planning or to see if any of you ST or T7 owners would like to join in to a Tenere rally in your back yard.

Wacked

Kevin -

don't know what kinda group the Tenere club is BUT Nemo is in the heart of UTV country and the accommodations are on the rustic side.  I doubt they can accommodate more than 40 or 50.   Custer , on the other hand, has "softer" accommodations - hotels, multiple places to eat, and nicer camping w/o the red-neckery of UTVs

On the pro side for Nemo is more "central" and Deadwood, Sturgis, and Devils Tower is always a draw

How many in this group? 

greatbuffalo

I have to agree.
I would into this idea.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Fletch

stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Abercrombie

Quote from: Wacked on December 31, 2020, 09:48:44 AM

Kevin -

don't know what kinda group the Tenere club is BUT Nemo is in the heart of UTV country and the accommodations are on the rustic side.  I doubt they can accommodate more than 40 or 50.   Custer , on the other hand, has "softer" accommodations - hotels, multiple places to eat, and nicer camping w/o the red-neckery of UTVs

On the pro side for Nemo is more "central" and Deadwood, Sturgis, and Devils Tower is always a draw

How many in this group?

One guy said they have had as many as 120 in Ouray CO but thought it would more likely be 60 to 80 for a Black Hills get together.   

I spoke to Twila at the Crazy Horse Campground the other day about reserving the Lower Meadow for tents, the 12 - 16 cabins, and a few spots for toy haulers in the area you had us in last fall.  She seemed pretty happy with the idea of hosting a group of that size.   We spoke about the July 29th - Aug 1st weekend.  I've been unable to do any more looking the last couple days but I guess I don't know much about any other campgrounds other then Wild Bills, Fish N Fry, Nemo, or the Crazy Horse campgrounds.  I just like how attendees could be all grouped up in one area at the Crazy Horse ground.   Twila said I could reserve this part for the Tenere group.

Hank

Quote from: Fletch on January 06, 2021, 04:35:23 PM
A piano company convention?? seems weird?  ;D

But you gotta admit, seeing 80 people playing the piano at the same time, in a campground, would be a helluva spectacle!

Fletch

Quote from: Hank on January 07, 2021, 12:50:55 PM
Quote from: Fletch on January 06, 2021, 04:35:23 PM
A piano company convention?? seems weird?  ;D

But you gotta admit, seeing 80 people playing the piano at the same time, in a campground, would be a helluva spectacle!

haha... I guess it would!
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Abercrombie

For those of you that have Super Teneres, T7 or other adventure bikes that would be interested in joining in, I have a conversation, and poll going on the Yamaha Super Tenere Forum until tomorrow.   So far the way the poll looks, we will be meeting at the Crazy Horse Campground on July 22nd - 25th. 
https://www.yamahasupertenere.com/index.php?threads/2021-black-hills-super-tenere-rally-poll-2-0-redo.29791/

Wacked

Twila and crew are Frickin awesome to deal with - They'll treat you good!

If you want a "common/communal" place to meet, I'd get someone to bring some EZ-ups and rope off a section in the Meadows before tents start going up

Should be a good time

Wacked

I took some time off for the event

Looks like a good crew

Wacked

Abercrombie

Awesome.  Although I've had a Tenere for 8 years and hit nearly 20 Yamaha FJR events and several DDSR events over the years, I've never been to a Yamaha Tenere rally.  I'm guessing they will be a pretty fun group and a lot of them will be coming from a long ways away.

Kevin

Look ahead and you'll shred...

Abercrombie

Quote from: Kevin on February 17, 2021, 12:06:25 PM
Would a wayward Husky 701 rider be allowed to partake?

Well I couldn't discriminate against a fellow North Dakotan, especially one named Kevin.  I don't think any Tenere riders would object to a Husky among the mix.  Two wheels is two wheels in my book.  You might want to keep an eye on me because I've been known to place boogers under the body work of bikes I'm jealous of.    ;D

Here is the specifics copied from the Yamaha Super Tenere Forum.

What: 2021 Yamaha Super Tenere Rendezvous

When: July 22nd - 25th, 2021

Where: Custer Crazy Horse Campground
1116 N 5th St
Custer, SD 57730
Reservations: 605-517-9016 or 720-569-7094 or
Email reservations@custercrazyhorsecampground.com
Twila is ready to take reservations. Tell her you're with the Yamaha Super Tenere group so she can group you in with all the cool kids and get a 10% discount.
https://www.custercrazyhorsecampground.com/

Reservation and Cancelation policy:
One night deposit is required at time of making reservation. A full refund is given if cancellation is made 2 weeks prior to arrival.

Details:
Choice of accommodations include: Tent Sites, RV sites, Sleeper Cabins, Deck House for up to 8 people, Choice of several Hotels one mile South in the City of Custer.
Full service campground with two large rest room / shower houses with laundry rooms.
Possible catered out door banquet under the big top tent Saturday July 26 . Details TBD
Possible breakfast burritos or Breakfast sandwiches available to order Friday and Saturday mornings.
Event shirts and stickers available for sale.
Suggested On road, back road, off road Black Hills riding routes available.
Black Hills National Trail Permits available at Adventure Sports Polaris Rentals 444 Mt Rushmore RD, Custer SD or https://www.blackhillsbadlands.com/store/permits-passes If you want to ride the BH Trail system.

Event Schedule:
Date TBD - Event registration, banquet, breakfast, t-shirt, sticker orders opens.
July 1st? - last day for banquet breakfast, merchandise orders.
Thursday July 22nd - Arrival date (for most), Check in, meet and greet.
Friday July 23rd - Campground Breakfast sandwich or burrito, Go ride, camp ground social with possible pizza delivery to the campground.
Saturday July 24th - Campground Breakfast sandwich or burrito, Go ride, Camp ground Banquet catered by Dakota BBQ?, tell lies and drink beer.
Sunday - Head home (for most) or stick around and enjoy more Black Hills exploring.

I have the highlighted area on hold for the Yamaha Super Tenere group until April 15th. Twila was only willing to let me hold 12 four bed cabins and a few RV sites in the highlighted area at this time so if you're looking for a sleeper cabin, reserve quickly and she said she would open and hold up to 7 additional cabins (14 - 20) near our area.

Abercrombie

Below is a link to the Black Hills Tenere rally thread on the Yamaha Super Tenere forum.  I think you can read it without joining the forum.  So far there is about 30 Tenere riders and maybe a few of their non Tenere riding buddies signed up.

https://www.yamahasupertenere.com/index.php?threads/black-hills-yamaha-super-tenere-rendezvous-july-22nd-25th-2021-custer-crazy-horse-campground-custer-sd.29816/

Kevin

I figured as much and will be on booger patrol just in case!  :) 

Thanks!
Look ahead and you'll shred...