News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Megs Braap Training in the Black Hills?

Started by Harry Potter, January 16, 2021, 07:12:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry Potter

Probably most here have probably seen Canadian Megan Griffiths, aka Megs Braap, Enduro Training videos.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YWOgbNYYGNw 

Megan is going to be doing a training tour of the USA this summer. The tour  is being run through tractionerag.com a free digital Canadian dirt bike magazine. I contacted Dallas about US dates, locations, and about the possibility of doing a training course in the Black Hills and they would be interested. Tractionerag would collect the fees and make the registration rules. We would have to provide a location, a bike, and depending on the location a portapodi. Which should all be doable. Most sites are having a local dirt bike dealer support the event. Our Rapid City Beta dealer is concerned it's his busiest time of the year. Since Megan is a Husqvarna ambassador, maybe Sturgis Motorsport would be interested? If not I think the camp could be done without a dealer involved. I'm not sure but the class could be a minimum and a maximum of ten students. If interested post here and send an email to dallas@tractionerag.com that you would like for Megan to do a school in the Black Hills.

If your not familiar with tractionerag they have been hosting the best rides and schools for years with crosstraingenduro star Barry Morris. Dallas has been in many of Barry's videos. If nothing else sign up for their free dirt bike magazine.
"The best modification you can make to your bike is a better rider," Jimmy Lewis.

Harry Potter

Well it looks like their is no interest in bringing Megs to the Black Hills so I'll let the folks know at Tractionerag they can scratch South Dakota.
"The best modification you can make to your bike is a better rider," Jimmy Lewis.

Abercrombie

Well that's too bad.  I'm over 500 miles away and my riding plans are already getting pretty filled up for this summer so I didn't speak up.  As a rider coach trainer who attended advanced riding schools for road bikes I've been itching to get training for dirt and adventure bike riding. 

locopny

I'm still healing and unsure when I'll be on a bike at this point.
From the reviews, seems like a worthwhile endeavour.
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L
When can I go riding again? Crashing sucks!

Kevin

Any idea on timing of the potential training in the Black Hills?
Look ahead and you'll shred...

Harry Potter

greatbuffalo

You know what? Maybe if you had provided more info rather than just that the event could come to town. You failed to mention anything but that. What to expect? What"s included? and the big kicker... what does it cost????  I looked at one 2 day event they were having and they want $930 dollars!!!! So, I chose not to respond.

I can think of lots of things that $930 for a two day event, could buy me.

Info, info, info.  A basic statement and a video post means nothing to me. If it's that wonderful organize it and see if they will come.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Harry Potter

https://youtu.be/lKJC7taX9rI
Thats all the info I had. That why I said ask them for more. I'm not her manager just heard there was a chance. I do see there could be a big personality conflict with some
And I should add Jimmy Lewis's quote, "The best modification you can make to your bike is a better rider."

greatbuffalo

I have lots of fun without the need to spend my hard earned money in a class of who knows how many. I guess if I had something to prove or was competitive I may think about it. I have seen too many clinic videos to know that most I'm not interested in. Those I may be interested are far more money than I wanna commit.

Let me add one of my quotes. "Info, Info, info."

Gather some more info from the organizers before asking if there is interest. I for one have to think about when, where, what, how and how much before I even say I'm interested.  I think you'll find that most here think the same way.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Harry Potter