FREE - Revzilla ADV fest one day only for locals

Started by greatbuffalo, July 02, 2021, 05:39:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greatbuffalo

Quoted from Lonesome Dave

Hey all you beer drinkers.  Just got an email from Bill Hearne about the ADV event at the Chip.  He just got permission for locals to attend on Sunday July 18th, 9am to 4pm for free.  Just need a SD driver's license.  Sounds like you can ride and demo just like the paying public!
If someone can post on ddsr that would be great.  I'll try to remember to do it later.

I am posting it now Dave

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Wacked

Yep - Next weekend will be a busy Moto weekend in the Hills

For RevZilla, I believe you can show up to the Chip Sunday 18th @ 9:00 and present your local ID to get in and check out the vendors.  Who all is going???

AND DONT FORGET - or maybe you didn't know

on Saturday the 16th, the 2021 Scooter Cannonball will be making a scheduled stop in Hot Springs.  These 2-wheeled crazy's navigate their way coast-coast in 10 days on scooters 300CC and less.  I'm intrigued - think I'll go down and check out their special brand of mayhem.

Wacked

greatbuffalo

That scooter event would be a blast.

I am thinking about riding down that day to check out the venders most of all. In need of some gear. I have to the night before so won't get there till about noon.

Kevin

Look ahead and you'll shred...

Bruincounselor

I logged in to see how that rally went. Did anyone attend? The $260+ fees made it ridiculously expensive for me. I was in the hills with a group from Fargo, we stayed at Wild Bill's and rode for three days. I didn't notice any extra riders and saw almost no bikes on the trails (I saw Spurgeon at the Sugar Shack on Saturday). I'll note that my all-in cost for the long weekend was less than the ~$300 of just the rally entrance fee.

If there was a day pass I'd consider it...

greatbuffalo

A few of us went on Sunday for locals day. Was nice to be able to try on gear rather than roll the mail-order dice.
That being said I really don't know how good the other things that happened were, demonstrations and seminars. I think this is a different experience then what most of our group is into. There is a large segment of the Adventure World that likes to have their hand held. Was also nice that they had demo rides on site.
Don't think I would have paid the money to do the whole weekend. As you said a day pass would have been nice. The guy we talked to said the turnout was pretty good, good enough to probably do it again.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk