News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

2021 Fall Rally Sign-up

Started by Hank, July 13, 2021, 10:34:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hank

The 2021 Dakota Dual Sport Riders September rally will once again be held in the beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota!  Camping will be at the Crazy Horse Campground on the north side of Custer SD:

Custer Crazy Horse Campground - (605) 517-9016 - address is 1116 N. 5th St. Custer SD  57730
....  ask for Twyla, she is very accomodating; Tell them you are with the DDSR enduro riders group ....

Dates are September 16-19, 2020.  You can arrive anytime after 1:00pm on Thursday, September 16th, departing on Sunday, Sept. 19th, Weather? - Who knows.....   elevation is at least 1000' feet higher than Rapid City.  So, if you are basing the temps on Rapid weather, guess 1 zone colder.  This campground is on the northern border of Custer the town on 385 (I have no idea why their formal address in on 5th but it works.)

Entry Fee: FREE!
Camping: Tents - We've reserved 5-6 tent sites    /   RV Sites - We've reserved 5-6    /   Cabins - 4-5
There are likely more available if we need them, but these reserved ones are down in the Meadow and are grouped together nicely so we can hang as a group and tell tall tales by the campfire.

The rally is open to any and all skill levels of riders with any motorcycle that is street legal in SD (doesn't take much: headlight, taillight & license plate is about it).  All attempts will be made to keep the amount of pavement on our rides to a minimum, but it is a necessary evil in the Black Hills to get from one trail to another sometimes.

Rides can range from gravel/easy fire roads to rocks to single track to really gnarly rocks & single track, hillclimbs, etc.  There will be something for everybody!

The Crazy Horse CG has full showers, real bathrooms (with sinks & mirrors!), a general store (with beer).  There is NO restaurant on premises BUT Custer (the town) is just 4 blocks down the hill complete with brewery, grocery store, gas, and several places to eat.

Electricity is available to charge cell phones, iPods, etc., however it is outside, so use at your own risk!

Firewood can be brought in

Limited food will be provided, but plan on fending for yourself during the day.
- Organized food TBA

Cars, trucks & bike trailers will have room to park, but could be a ways away from your campsite.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

DISCLAIMER:
Anyone attending this event, does so at their own risk. Hank, Great Buffalo, Lonesome Dave, Piglet, any other DDSR member, the FnF campground or ANYONE BESIDES YOU will not be held responsible for injury to yourself, your bike or gear! Now, let's get out and RIDE THE HILLS!!  P.S. No helicopters allowed!  :-)

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

PERMITS: Don't forget, permits are now required to ride off-road (on trails designated 'TR' on the new MVU Map) in the Black Hills National Forest. Link Below:

Permits Here!
https://www.blackhillsbadlands.com/store/permits-passes

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Copy and paste the below form in your reply to sign up:

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE:
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY:
DATE ARRIVING:
DATE LEAVING:
TENT OR RV:
SIZE OF RV:
NUMBER OF TENTS:

Wacked

I'll be there - Sue will likely be here most of the time.

Who all is showing up this Fall!?

Wacked

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE:Wacked
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY:2
DATE ARRIVING:Thurs noonish
DATE LEAVING:Sunday
TENT OR RV:Hippy Van
SIZE OF RV:
NUMBER OF TENTS:

Kevin

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: Kevin
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY: 2
DATE ARRIVING:Thurs evening
DATE LEAVING: Sunday
TENT OR RV: RV
SIZE OF RV: 41'
NUMBER OF TENTS:

Unfortunately plans have changed and we won't make it this Fall...  :(
Look ahead and you'll shred...

greatbuffalo

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: GreatBuffalo
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY: 3
DATE ARRIVING: Thurs sometime
TENT OR RV: Will be in the Deck house
SIZE OF RV:
NUMBER OF TENTS:
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

sandhillrider

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: Mark & Bonnie. Sandhillrider & Bonzai
DATE ARRIVING: 9/15
DATE LEAVING:9/20
SIZE OF RV: 32
NUMBER OF TENTS: 0

Wacked

TWO (2) MORE WEEKS!

To get signed up at Custer Crazy Horse Campground, the Twyla will open up the rest of our reserved slots to the public.   

Get on it now.   The S10 Tenere crew had a great time here last week

Bruincounselor

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: Jim/Bruincounselor
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY: 2 (Jim and Jim)
DATE ARRIVING:16th
DATE LEAVING: 19th - in the AM
TENT OR RV: Booked a Cabin
SIZE OF RV:
NUMBER OF TENTS:

I was there on my DRZ last fall and had a blast! Looking forward to going back.

NDave

See you all in sept   Camping in Gerrys driveway. 

sandhillrider

NDave you made Bonnie's day.
She missed you in the spring.

Kevin

Quote from: Kevin on July 15, 2021, 02:35:30 PM
NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: Kevin
DATE ARRIVING:Thurs evening
SIZE OF RV: 41'
NUMBER OF TENTS:

Unfortunately plans have changed and we won't make it this Fall...  :(
Look ahead and you'll shred...

Harry Potter

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: Harry Potter
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY: One
DATE ARRIVING: Friday night 17th
DATE LEAVING: Sunday, can ride to early afternoon
TENT OR RV: Tent
SIZE OF RV:
NUMBER OF TENTS:  A Durango tent.
"The best modification you can make to your bike is a better rider," Jimmy Lewis.

mitchn06

I might make it again some year. Wife works that weekend. Side note, anybody interested in co-admin-info the FB page?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014.5 Kawasaki KLR650 New Edition

Wacked

So I knew this weekend would come together a little funky for me - I just didn't know how it would all play out.  There's a wedding that weekend, an out of town daughter showing up, and now a dead Euro-Trash camper van stuck in Golden CO.

What it comes down to is that I gave up my camp sites an I am just staying Sat night in a cabin.  I will probably ride Friday am to early afternoon - all day Saturday - maybe Sunday am.

As for Food.  I will set up for feeding 14-16 people on Friday and Sat morning.  It will be easier stuff like Jimmy Dean egg bowls or biscuits and gravy and fruit + drinks.  Will need some help setting up and throwing it in the oven on Sat as I'll be rolling in after breakfast.

Look forward to it; weather looks prime for this Fall Rally!

Wacked

greatbuffalo

Just let know what I can do to help.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?