News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Baja off road area (Badlands)

Started by Fletch, November 19, 2021, 11:36:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fletch

Anyone ridden the Baja off road area in the badlands? I always forget about it but drove by it a gain yesterday at work and probably should check it out one of these days?
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Wizard

Are you talking about the stuff just south of Farmingdale? I think they call it Railroad Buttes? I have been out there but I have not ridden, watched Dan ride his WR many moons ago out there. He has a video on Youtube from that ride.

Fletch

No, this is north of hwy44 between scenic and interior?

Wizard

Well then I have no idea, I did find this on it. Seems kinda interesting.  I would think you would want it to be dry....otherwise gumbo city!

https://www.riderplanet-usa.com/atv/trails/info/south_dakota_15016/ride_5cc2.htm

Fletch

apparently they used to have races out there back in the day?  have to check it out when we have a nice weekend.

Wizard

Absolutely, looks like it could be some fun! I am down to check it out!

Sent from the top of the hill.

Abercrombie

Lonesome Dave

I know right where it's at.  I went to races there many years ago.  Then a buddy and I eventually built a car and raced there one year.  If it's still legal, I would think the side by side crowd would be out there.

Hey Mike, we even went to a race a mile or two straight east of Wall.  Bunch a hills right there.  That race only lasted a few times. 
Older - Wiser - Faster !