News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

2022 Spring Rally Signup

Started by Hank, January 21, 2022, 09:42:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hank

The 2022 Dakota Dual Sport Riders June rally will once again be held in the beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota!  Camping will be at the Custer Crossing Campground, south of Deadwood on 385:

http://www.custercrossingcampground.com/

Dates are June 16-19, 2022.  You can arrive anytime after noon on Thursday, June 16, departing on Sunday, June 19. Weather should be dry and warm - avg highs in the 70s, lows in the 50s,  BUT, this is South Dakota...if you don't like the weather, just wait a minute.  ;-)

Entry Fee: FREE!
Camping: Tents - $10 per person/night, RVs/Campers - $35 per night.
Cabins – availability unknown - CALL - $55/night.

Custer Campground number:  605-584-1009

The rally is open to any and all skill levels of riders with any motorcycle that is street legal in SD (doesn't take much: headlight, taillight & license plate is about it).  All attempts will be made to keep the amount of pavement on our rides to a minimum, but it is a necessary evil in the Black Hills to get from one trail to another sometimes.

Rides can range from gravel/easy fire roads to rocks to single track to really gnarly rocks & single track, hillclimbs, etc.  There will be something for everybody!

Gas station/convenience store on site. There are picnic tables, but if you want a guaranteed seat by the fire you better bring your own.
Firewood on-site is probably available??
Group meals - TBD

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
DISCLAIMER:
Anyone attending this event, does so at their own risk. Hank, Great Buffalo, Lonesome Dave, Piglet, any other DDSR member, the campground or ANYONE BESIDES YOU will not be held responsible for injury to yourself, your bike or gear! Now, let's get out and RIDE THE HILLS!!  P.S. No helicopters allowed!  :-)

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

PERMITS: Don't forget, permits are now required to ride off-road (on trails designated 'TR' on the new MVU Map) in the Black Hills National Forest. Link Below:

Permits Here!
https://www.blackhillsbadlands.com/store/permits-passes

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Copy and paste the below form in your reply to sign up:

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE:
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY:
DATE ARRIVING:
DATE LEAVING:
TENT OR RV:
SIZE OF RV:
NUMBER OF TENTS:

greatbuffalo

I just got off the phone with Laurie and she will be taking reservations and deposits on Monday. Same rates as last year with the 10% discount, just tell them you are with the group. PLEASE get your reservations in early!

Hank you can update with the same info as last year. Thanks
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

greatbuffalo

If you call the campground Laurie is taking reservations. She will be there part-time so if you leave a message she will get back to you. The sooner you call the better the chance that you got a spot.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

Wizard

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: Wizard
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY: 1
DATE ARRIVING: 6-15
DATE LEAVING:6-19
TENT OR RV: Cabin

greatbuffalo

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: Greatbuffalo
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY: 3, Mrs GB, Zippopotamus (Nathaniel), and I
DATE ARRIVING: 6-15
DATE LEAVING:6-20
TENT OR RV: RV

grubbie

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: Rob/Grubbie
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY: 2
DATE ARRIVING: 6-16
DATE LEAVING: 6-19
SIZE OF RV: 25
NUMBER OF TENTS:

greatbuffalo

A reminder to get your reservations in soon.

Harry Potter

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: Tim/Harry Potter
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY: 1, maybe 2
DATE ARRIVING: Friday morning
DATE LEAVING: Saturday night.
TENT OR RV:
SIZE OF RV:
"The best modification you can make to your bike is a better rider," Jimmy Lewis.

Kevin

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: Kevin
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY:  2
DATE ARRIVING: Evening 6/15
DATE LEAVING: Afternoon 6/19
SIZE OF RV: 41'
Look ahead and you'll shred...

IYAAYAS

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: Nate / IYAAYAS
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY: 1 possibly 2
DATE ARRIVING:16
DATE LEAVING:19
TENT OR RV: Cabin
SIZE OF RV:
NUMBER OF TENTS:

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

JustJeff

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: JustJeff
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY:1
DATE ARRIVING:6/16
DATE LEAVING:6/19
TENT OR RV:Cabin
SIZE OF RV:
NUMBER OF TENTS:
Hopefully this is a well-organized group with a solid daily itinerary.  I will bring along the standard tire repair supplies but ask that Nathaniel make sure his pillion seat is in good working order.   

greatbuffalo

Zippopotamus

Quote from: JustJeff on March 16, 2022, 04:21:55 PM
NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: JustJeff
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY:1
DATE ARRIVING:6/16
TENT OR RV:Cabin
SIZE OF RV:
NUMBER OF TENTS:
Hopefully this is a well-organized group with a solid daily itinerary.  I will bring along the standard tire repair supplies but ask that Nathaniel make sure his pillion seat is in good working order.

I have an even comfier seat for you this time! Stadium style Seat Concepts so we can get your face right up into the hail this time 😁
I couldn't think of a signature; is this good enough?

greatbuffalo

2 more months folks. If you do not have your reservations in get it done.

If you have interest in leading a ride, let me know so we can get that stuff lined up.

ADV Piglet

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: Stacy & Pete / Piglet & Petros
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY:2
DATE ARRIVING:6/17 evening
TENT OR RV:Cabin if any left - left message for reservation

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk