Main Menu

Trials Information sources.

Started by Harry Potter, February 06, 2022, 01:58:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry Potter

For Pro Level Riders:   X-Trials.com
For USA Trials   "On the Pegs" online magazine
And of course the "Trials" forum in Advrider.com
For eastern South Dakota practice riding, I have set some good practice logs at the James Valley Cycle Club practice park at Dimock, SD
     I hope to get some more obstacles set up there this summer.
"The best modification you can make to your bike is a better rider," Jimmy Lewis.

Abercrombie

I've received most of my trials education from the Trials Riding Training group on Facebook.  I'm from SE North Dakota and I don't know anyone with a trials bike and don't have close access to any decent riding or training areas.  Since I have no mentors or trials riding friends, my Trials education is stagnant and barely progressing.  I quickly get bored with the few obstacles I have and I've found that although I feel I'm fairly physically fit guy for a 59 year old, I quickly tire from all core strength needed.

Harry Potter

Quote from: Abercrombie on February 06, 2022, 10:00:59 PM
I've received most of my trials education from the Trials Riding Training group on Facebook.  I'm from SE North Dakota and I don't know anyone with a trials bike and don't have close access to any decent riding or training areas.  Since I have no mentors or trials riding friends, my Trials education is stagnant and barely progressing.  I quickly get bored with the few obstacles I have and I've found that although I feel I'm fairly physically fit guy for a 59 year old, I quickly tire from all core strength needed.

There is a Trials Club across the border in Minnesota that brings in Ryan Young for training ever other year. A Sherco Trials dealer, Pat Hirt would be a contact for the club.
There a US National Trials competition in Gilbert, Minnesota June 11-12. Awesome place, I've been there twice, once to observe a National and to do a Ryan Young class. If you have never been to a National this probably as close as it will ever get. I've been  lucky to see two World Cups when they were in the US.
Trials Training Days March 26-27 '22 down in Tennessee is one of my favorite fun events to go to. Mandy Hoover is listed as one of the instructors this year, the top female rider in the US. Check her profile on mototrials.com
"The best modification you can make to your bike is a better rider," Jimmy Lewis.

Harry Potter

A few more resources:
       www.mototrials.com   Has US National trials schedule and other information.

On YouTube  Yinzer Moto  has beginner trials training videos.

A "Pat Smage Trials Videos" search will bring up a bunch of training videos that used to be monthly in On The Pegs digital magazine.         

Of course Ryan Young's Trials Training DVD is 5 Stars.