Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Spring Rally Rides

Started by Hank, May 06, 2022, 06:07:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hank

Post up your planned rides here.

Wacked

Just picked up some Trail permits this weekend and took a couple of Paper Maps. 

Couldn't but help notice there's several new single tracks in the Shanks area.  There's some fun terrain in that region.  I think some of the single-trackers should spend 1/2 day checking out these trails

Wacked

Fletch

I'm in for single track if anyone is interested. I'd can ride Thursday, Saturday and Sunday.   Just let me know and we can work on what level everyone wants to ride. 
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

greatbuffalo

I am intending to lead my usual easy meandering rides though nice scenery, two track and gravel. Rides will be easy level with an occasional mild technical section thrown in. Haven't had a chance to do any new route finding but have many tracks to choose from.
All my rides are low key, no pressure affairs.  Looking forward to another great rally.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Harry Potter

Great Buffalo,  I've never got to do one of your rides, can you save me one or maybe two spots. I'm trying to get my son back into riding again and your route would be perfect. Thanks.
"The best modification you can make to your bike is a better rider," Jimmy Lewis.

Harry Potter

Fletch. Senior Single track was a lot of fun last year but I was the only senior. If you pick a day for easy single track I'd like to join in. I'll be there Friday (my first Friday), Saturday,  and Sunday morning.  I'd really like to work in a ride with Great Buffalo too.
"The best modification you can make to your bike is a better rider," Jimmy Lewis.

Fletch

SO, things have changed at work (in my favor for once!) I will be riding Thursday, Friday, Saturday and probably Sunday. Just let me know if you are interested. We can do easy, hard, or a mix of the two. If there are days with no interest I'll tag along on a big bike ride.

Fletch

Quote from: Harry Potter on June 06, 2022, 08:03:31 AM
Fletch. Senior Single track was a lot of fun last year but I was the only senior. If you pick a day for easy single track I'd like to join in. I'll be there Friday (my first Friday), Saturday,  and Sunday morning.  I'd really like to work in a ride with Great Buffalo too.

We can do easy stuff anytime, whatever works for you.

Wacked

Battle Axe Run Saturday - Single Track

So again, I won't able to attend until Sat.  I'm willing to take a group of 5-6 guys on 6936 from South to North.  The 1st quarter of this track is quasi-bitchy.  The middle half is fun and flowy; the last quarter will again be tougher.

Time on the trail should be apx 4.5-5 hours.  Bikes should trailered apx 50-60minutes south and west of the camp-ground.  We should plan to leave the trail-head @ 10am

Who's in?

Fletch

Fletch

SO, looking like a little interest, let me know if you are in for:

Thursday:

Friday:

9:30 each day from sugar shack. I had one that will be there noon on Thursday so we will make a loop and swing back . we can discuss Saturday later, maybe join Brad on the battleax trail?

Wacked

TIME CHANGE - BATTLE AXE

Based on the hotter forecast, I'm thinking this ride should leave the trailhead at 8:30 instead of 10 to avoid some of that mid-day heat

New departure time 8:30am on Sat!

Chipper

I just got off the phone with Marc Bessette the absentee owner of Custer Crossing Family Campground, he lives in Massachusetts. He was happy to have us in 2022 and assures me we are more than welcome back in 2023.

His two family members Roger and Colleen are running the place now. Marc assures me that things will go smoother next year. Also this fall they are pouring lots of resources into the facility and it should be even better for 2023.

All of us from Nebraska look forward to seeing you next year again.

We appreciate you guys hosting such a wonderful event.

Chip Monahan