News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Are Scott's Dampers worth it?

Started by JustJeff, May 17, 2022, 03:46:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JustJeff

I was riding at a pretty slow pace and hit a small wet stick and it threw my handlebars sideways farther than I would have expected.  Made me think about the little golden boxes I saw on a lot of bikes at the rallys.  Worthy investment?

loingrader

They are a game changer, especially on a bike you really don't want to go down on.  For big adventure bikes on dicey roads or deep gravel, they are amazing.  On lighter dual sport bikes that are ridden hard they are also awesome.  Consider it an investment in your bike and body.  They really are a pleasure to ride with.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

Fletch

In my opinion I think they are well worth it. They are not as expensive (in the long run) as one might think either. The one on my 300 was purchased in 2000 and has been on 4 bikes. I just had it serviced ($60) and I'm sure it will go another 20 years! On the 300 it's saves me at least once every ride, on the adventure it's a handful of times a year.
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Hank

Agree with above - totally worth it.   I've eaten shit hitting an angled stick I didn't see, and I bet I would have been fine with a damper installed.   Also great in loose/sandy crap.

Kevin

Make the purchase, you won't be sorry.  I purchased my first one back in the early 90's desert racing CR 250's, I have equipped all of my bikes since!  I went from an also ran to winning overalls back in the day... I have one each on my Husky 701, Honda XR650R, Beta 430RR and I have a GPR on my TM Racing En300 only because Scotts does not make a mount for the bike. 
Look ahead and you'll shred...

JustJeff

Fletch

and if you feel it isn't doing anything, take it off for a ride and you will definitely notice it!
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike