News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Newbie here

Started by Shrek, June 20, 2022, 02:26:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shrek

Newbie to the Hills as my wife and I moved here from Denver in October, seems we've gotten to a good point with the new house, new jobs, new lives that we can get out and play. We ran into some guys from your rally over the weekend @ The Sugar Shack and they pointed me your direction about hooking up with others to get out and ride. I'd consider myself more of a trail rider than a Dual sport rider, my current ride is a 2019 Husky 300i. I saw some old posts about a Thursday night ride crew meeting up after work in Piedmont and riding for a few hours and that sounds awesome if that can be brought back to life!

A bit about me, I've been out riding in the woods of Colorado for over 45 years now, would consider myself to be a solid mid-pack B rider, some days an A rider others a C rider trying to make it back to the truck! I was a committed volunteer for about 20 years with the Rampart Range Motorcycle Management Committee and I have served as a board member for COHVCO (Colorado Off Hiway Vehicle Coalition), I have sat at the table negotiating more miles and I have spent time out in the woods creating and or maintaining trails. Spent some time riding Enduros back in the 90's and early 2000's, usually finishing was a win for me! My wife has moved from 2 wheels to a SxS, she used to ride a bike but after having both ACL's repaired (not motorcycle related injuries) she's more comfortable in her car and id rather she's out there and not just waiting for me to get back.

thanks for reading, hopefully we'll share some dirt soon!
Troy

Fletch

I think we are riding Wednesday after work, I will let you know when I find out the details.

stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Fletch

Wednesday 4:30ish  PM me if you are interested and I'll let you know where to meet.

Mike
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

greatbuffalo

Welcome to the group.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?