News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Fall Rally 2022 Sign Up!

Started by greatbuffalo, July 27, 2022, 02:34:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DakotaDrifter

I went doe to Custer today and reserved a cabin.  So how does this work? Are we supposed to sign up for the rides? Or everyone on their own?  I have never met anyone from the group and this is my first time meeting everyone. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chad Sherrill
Rapid City, SD
2019 Africa Twin
2003 BMW r1150gs

Harry Potter

DakotaDrifter; very good questions. Great Buffalo is the best to answer. I think people maybe meet and greet the night before or the morning of and decide which trail leader they want to follow. Brad and Dan usually volunteer as trail leaders, while Mike leads single track. My thoughts are more fun in a group than on your own. Besides I don't know the BH like they do. I had never gotten to follow Dan before so last spring I asked if he could save a spot for me.
"The best modification you can make to your bike is a better rider," Jimmy Lewis.

DakotaDrifter

Yes I'm definitely hoping to ride in a group and follow others. I do not know the trails in that area.  Thanks for the response.  I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.

Chad Sherrill
Rapid City, SD
2019 Africa Twin
2003 BMW r1150gs

Wacked

How does this work .......

Won't lie, it is a loose affair.  Sign ups have been tried with this group but limited success.

The group is varied and has different interests so some just want an easy trail ride, others want to ride with the focus of seeing historic or scenic places- (caves maybe), others may want to flog their bikes across trails that pose a challenge.

A couple of the long-term members will have some ideas where they want to ride.  Show up early or hang by the camp fire and see who has your riding style or best reflects your riding interest.  They'll get you hooked up

DakotaDrifter

That sounds great!!!! I like the laid back atmosphere!  I will be coming in Thursday and look forward to the new friends and conversation!   Glad I found this group!

Chad Sherrill
Rapid City, SD
2019 Africa Twin
2003 BMW r1150gs

Harry Potter

Wacked, I don't know if Unswitched (Gary) is going to make it I haven't heard from him since mid August and I'm not even sure what state he's living in now. So it probably opens up a spot on your Saturday ride.
"The best modification you can make to your bike is a better rider," Jimmy Lewis.

DakotaDrifter

How many people are you expecting to attend?

Chad Sherrill
Rapid City, SD
2019 Africa Twin
2003 BMW r1150gs

unswitched

Hi, I should make it up there, and I'm interested in Wack's ride and also rides that Great Buffalo might be leading.
Thanks!
Gary (Unswitched)

Harry Potter

Quote from: unswitched on September 01, 2022, 05:52:08 PM
Hi, I should make it up there, and I'm interested in Wack's ride and also rides that Great Buffalo might be leading.
Thanks!
Gary (Unswitched)

Good, great to here from you.

Harry Potter

Quote from: DakotaDrifter on September 01, 2022, 05:11:15 PM
How many people are you expecting to attend?

I don't know but I'm guessing the June event draws a bigger group.

TacBlade

As of today, I'll be attending the rally. I was on the list to go in June and it just did not work out. Hopefully there is a cabin available still, if not I have a tent cot. Looking forward to some riding in the Hills!

DakotaDrifter

Quote from: TacBlade on September 05, 2022, 09:27:27 PM
As of today, I'll be attending the rally. I was on the list to go in June and it just did not work out. Hopefully there is a cabin available still, if not I have a tent cot. Looking forward to some riding in the Hills!
I was down at the campground last week to get a cabin and she had a few left.  Great to hear you're coming. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone. 

Chad Sherrill
Rapid City, SD
2019 Africa Twin
2003 BMW r1150gs

greatbuffalo

Sorry I have been MIA but between work and the BDR last week I have been otherwise engaged. I am planning on leading rides on Friday and Saturday. Will be big bike friendly, laid back, and scenic. I can take a bit larger groups but would rather cap it at 10 riders

Sent from my X30 using Tapatalk

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

sandhillrider

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: Sandhillrider/Mark
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY:1
DATE ARRIVING:9/14/2022
DATE LEAVING:9/19/2022
TENT OR RV:RV
SIZE OF RV:30 foot
NUMBER OF TENTS:0

NDave

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE:NDave