News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Fall Rally 2022 Sign Up!

Started by greatbuffalo, July 27, 2022, 02:34:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonesome Dave

I'm planning on being there, not camping, too much work.  Not sure on Friday just yet (probably, I have trouble with commitment) but Saturday for sure.  Where I'm going, who the hell knows!  I just kinda wait and see what might be needed.  Wacked/Brad called me a couple of weeks ago about his Enchilada ride and asked what I thought.  I think he should call it "Sore butt," but if you want to see some Black Hills country in a short time, that'd be it!

I'm going to bring the mighty DR650, but I'll probably also bring the Beta.  Damn, I just remembered, the Beta needs the oil changed.

Older - Wiser - Faster !

Harry Potter

Quote from: greatbuffalo on September 07, 2022, 10:12:57 AM
Sorry I have been MIA but between work and the BDR last week I have been otherwise engaged. I am planning on leading rides on Friday and Saturday. Will be big bike friendly, laid back, and scenic. I can take a bit larger groups but would rather cap it at 10 riders

Sent from my X30 using Tapatalk

Oh boy were going to be looking for a BDR ride report.
"The best modification you can make to your bike is a better rider," Jimmy Lewis.

Lonesome Dave

Lots of newbies I see, if any of you or anyone for that matter want to join us tomorrow night at Dakota Point around 4:30pm stop by.  Our beer drinking team/ski team/club tends to set this kind of thing up with a group text.  But everyone is always welcome.   See y'all there!

If there's lots of interest in the Enchilada, I might wear a pillow and lead a second group.  Brad we'll talk tomorrow night.
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Wacked

Looks like the weather will be perfect for riding next weekend!  If you are sitting on the fence; just do it!

For the Big Enchilada ride, I have Tankslapper and Tim's crew -  Awesome.  Got room for 1 or 2 more

Wacked

DakotaDrifter

What is the distance on the Enchilada?  Is that Friday or Saturday?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chad Sherrill
Rapid City, SD
2019 Africa Twin
2003 BMW r1150gs

Wacked

I'll do the Big Enchilada on Saturday.  Don't know the total length - guessing maybe 130.    The loop would come near or around gas several times

Wacked

grubbie

I'll be there to ride, not camping. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Fletch

Single track, anyone interested? I can do thursday, friday, saturday, or any combination of the three. harder or easier stuff, doens;t matter to me. let me know if you are interested and we will come up with a plan.
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Harry Potter

I've  got Thursday off for single track. Hopefully easier?
"The best modification you can make to your bike is a better rider," Jimmy Lewis.

Fletch

stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Wizard

Thursday night at Beacons in Custer we will have a little opening night get together. 7pm Get people together and discuss the upcoming weekend and get to know the new and see the old. We will also have some food Friday and Sat evenings at the camp...at a yet to be known location :) see you all there!

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

DakotaDrifter

Quote from: Wizard on September 10, 2022, 09:50:11 AM
Thursday night at Beacons in Custer we will have a little opening night get together. 7pm Get people together and discuss the upcoming weekend and get to know the new and see the old. We will also have some food Friday and Sat evenings at the camp...at a yet to be known location :) see you all there!

I will be there! I would be more than happy to chip in some money for food on Friday and Saturday

Chad Sherrill
Rapid City, SD
2019 Africa Twin
2003 BMW r1150gs

DakotaDrifter

Might have to pack the long underwear! 40 degrees this morning! Lol

Chad Sherrill
Rapid City, SD
2019 Africa Twin
2003 BMW r1150gs

ADV Piglet

Petros and I will stop by Friday evening to say hi and be there Saturday to ride with big bikes. Not camping.

TankSlapper

Quote from: Wacked on September 08, 2022, 07:51:12 AM

Looks like the weather will be perfect for riding next weekend!  If you are sitting on the fence; just do it!

For the Big Enchilada ride, I have Tankslapper and Tim's crew -  Awesome.  Got room for 1 or 2 more

Wacked

What site or cabin will you be in Saturday morning? And what is a good time?

I have a tent site for Saturday night so would throw a couple bags on the ground and be ready for the ride.