News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Black Hills BDR-X Loop

Started by TooTall, November 29, 2022, 07:41:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TooTall

Received an email from the Backcountry Discovery Routes today. They mentioned the new Oregon route, an Oregon BDR-X loop, AND a Black Hills BDR-X loop for 2023.

Anyone have info on our local loop?  Is this a duplicate of the Dakota Adventure Loop that is already established?

This should bring more dual sport riders to the Hills this year and certainly help our local economy.

Ron

TankSlapper

I saw that email. Interested in any info myself.

I spent a day in Ten Sleep this summer and the local businesses had nothing but good to say about the average dual sport / adventure rider.  They are enjoying the fruits of the Wyoming BDR.

TooTall

Stayed in Ten Sleep on three different trips this summer.  And hit the Ten Sleep Brewery that many times as well.

Every town we stayed in on the WY BDR this year had more BDR riders than any others at the restaurants and some motels.  Yes, we did do the motel thing because our group was ages 75, 74, and the youngster at 66.

Washington and Oregon BDR's next year.

Ron

TooTall

The BDR group has announced the Black Hills BDR-x Loop Route will be released to the public on July 22 at the Adv Fest Rally.

However, there is an online auction for four riders to join the creators of the route to pre-ride it.  Current bid is at $2,900.