News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

CZ 400 Project

Started by Kevin, March 16, 2019, 06:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

locopny

Yes...it is amazing what can be sourced. Not always a good thing for the bank account though.
Good to see progress being made on someone's project...wish it could be on my project also. Keep updating gives me recovery material to view.
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L
When can I go riding again? Crashing sucks!

Kevin

Chipping away at it.  Dry clutch all buttoned up, covers cleaned up, sealed and installed, kick start lever, and brand new shift lever.  Working on the wheels, hubs, brakes and the freshly bored cylinder will be back from the machine shop early next week.

Look ahead and you'll shred...

Fletch

stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

locopny

:D envy the progress you are getting to be  making.
At the rate it's coming along you think it will be a running rider in June? Just curious...i think you are doing well progress wise.
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L

Kevin

Not sure.  Weather has been ugly lately and working on this is a way to occupy time, stay warm, and I just don't set well...  :evil   Was riding most weekends up until the last few weeks, just to cold.  If it warms up a bit progress will give way to riding...  Priorities you know...  ;D

I need to send the fork tubes off to be re-chromed and I am waiting on parts to rebuild the shocks.  Maybe be ready to light off before the end of summer...  I'm in no real hurry.

locopny

Yes. Priorities.
Got my 'last ride of season' due to that.
Best thing on a project is being in no hurry.
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L

Kevin

I do like new shinny parts...  New Wisco piston with exhaust bridge lubrication holes drilled and ring installed, freshly bored cylinder installed and torqued, cylinder head installed and torqued.  It looks like a two stroke once again...   8)

Kevin

Received all of the parts I was waiting on to complete the rebuild of the Fox Shox.  Complete and ready to ride... well maybe not quite.   8)

And, a photo of what I started with...

Kevin

Been watching this fuel tank on e-bay for a few months, finally purchased it...

locopny

Ready to shred...just add fuel.

Have I said I like that red?
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L

Fletch

stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike