News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Batteries

Started by TankSlapper, February 02, 2023, 06:00:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TankSlapper

Bah!

I bought a new battery for my wife's DR350. Got it at an auto parts store in Rapid. Paid about $100. That seemed like a lot, must be a good one. It sits in the cold for a couple weeks and hardly turns the bike over. Put it on a tender, didn't think much of it after that.

Bought another battery at the same place for the  ATV/Plow. Didn't learn I guess. Paid about $120 bucks. Last week I plowed and shut it off after an hour. Battery didn't have the juice to restart. So I jumped it and stuck it in the garage. Just got done trouble shooting the charging system. It's fine. Battery is good after sitting on the tender. I'm just going to guess that the extreme cold was affecting the battery.  But it wasn't that cold, maybe single digits.

So, adjusted brain for price point and looking at the best you can buy. Optima sells one for the ATV at a measly $261.00 bucks! The  Optima for the jeep was over $300.

I'm living in an alternate universe I guess. What luck do you guys have for PowerSports batteries these days?

Fletch

I've had decent luck with Dakota Battery on deadwood ave. prices are typically lower than anywhere else for the standard lead/acid.
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Lonesome Dave

I've had good luck with Batteries Plus on W. Main St.
Older - Wiser - Faster !

TankSlapper

Abercrombie

With 17 motorcycle school bikes and all my personal bikes, I go through a fair amount of batteries every year and I'm done messing around with Batteries Plus and Interstate Batteries.  I'm sticking with Yuasa for my personnal bike batteries from now on but I'm sort of stuck with Interstate Batteries for the motorcycle school since they are a sponsor of our parent organization ABATE of ND.

Hudson 6181

Batteries

Sent from my itel A632W using Tapatalk