News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

KE175 / TS185 / DT175

Started by Hank, February 22, 2023, 01:17:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hank

If anyone ever stumbles across a late 70's 175 enduro (KE175 / TS185 / DT175) that isn't a complete wreck - hit me up!

My first bike was a KE175 and I think it would be a bit of fun to fix one up.

Kevin

This is cool.  I have my dads TS -185 I hope to put in running order again some day.  I have my moms TS - 125 as well, I remember it being super gutless. 
Look ahead and you'll shred...

Hank

Those TS's were good little bikes.   My cuz had a TS250; he rode the crap out of.

I started with the KE175, and after a couple years I bought a KE250 and sold the 175 to my neighbor kid.    I never liked the 250 as well as the 175.. it just seemed too big and didn't have much more power.    Later I spied a KE125 in the bone pile at what used to be Sheehan's in Watertown.   I asked Lonnie the parts guy what they wanted for it, and he said "How about 15 bucks?".   
I handed over the $15, took it home, put gas in it, and proceeded to flog the shit out of it for years.   I had so much fun on that little 125.   I couldn't kill it, and I tried.

Last summer I ran into my old neighbor and asked if they still had my 175, thinking maybe I could buy it back.   He said, "It sat in the garage for 30 years, and we just sold it last month."   What timing!

I think I do have a lead on a KE175.   Turns out my uncle has one that is just sitting in a barn.   It's complete, titled, and not stuck, which is probably about all I could hope for!