News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Handle bar risers

Started by fringefan, August 20, 2008, 05:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fringefan

Any of you guys use them? I was thinking that it would make riding while standing a little more comfortable but it also seems that it would put the bars closer to you when seated. I have seen them for the klr in .7 inch and 1.5 inch risers.

Just curious about them and got to thinking about them after watching the DS DVD and seeing everyone standing up while riding.

The Yeti

Is that a great video, or what? Make sure you watch all the extras, some good stuff in there...I like the "Fun Ride" part the best.  ;D

I've got 2" risers on mine, but that really doesn't help you much, does it?  They're cool; 2" rise, but they're offset forward so there's no pull-back.

You're a pretty tall guy, so I'm sure risers would help you when standing. Go for the most rise you can get. On my KLR, I had Renthal "High-bend" bars, combine those with some risers and you'll be standing straight! Also, make sure you adjust your controls so they're comfortable while standing.
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

DynoDan

PowerMadd has +3.5" risers that adjust front and rear.
I have 2 ordered, one for my DRZ one for my KLR for just the reason you said, to be able to stand up. But a 6'4" I am not sure 3.5" is enough, especially on the DRZ.
So may motorcycles so liitle garage space, money and time.

fringefan

Welcome. I will check them out. I found some lowering brackets for the pegs that might give about an inch but am worried about what it might do in realtion to the shifters.

You comming out in Sept?

DynoDan

Actually I will be about a day late. I can't leave until Satuday from Wisconsin and I have to do a F.I. training course in Rapid on Wednesday plus visit some bike dealers during the week (doesn't is suck to have to work). But I am planning on bringing my GF and ride all the rest of the time I have free.

I would like to run into some of the locals while I am there. I will be seeing Jesse and Jeff of Independent Cycle while I am there and they both DS, so Jeff sent me maps on CD.

FYI I think those riser are so new you will have to go directly to PowerMadd in MN to get them  they are not even on the web site. I ave an insider who says they will be shipping in about 10 days.
I have seen the peg lowering plates and they are B.O. from the place I tried to order them from. I may just make my own.
Also Parts Unlimited has metal 1/2" rear off set pegs for the KLR and a +1" shifter.

You could end up making the lowering plates to move you back and down to get the height and shifter where you want it.
So may motorcycles so liitle garage space, money and time.