News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Fall trip planning

Started by fringefan, June 21, 2009, 07:33:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fringefan

Now that the June Ralley is done I am looking forward to the fall trip ;D

Some one said 3rd weekend in Sept and I honestly do not remember the dates we did last year so if any one has an opinion please chime in.

The Yeti

It was 3rd wknd of Sept last year, but a little earlier wouldn't hurt....was a bit chilly at night.  I've got a pretty flexible sched, so whatever you guys want.
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

hayduke.klr07

No to the 12&13th!?!  I have a MSBike event happening on that weekend.  Anybody want to volunteer for a good cause???  I am on the ride committee and will be riding the event as well.  two days about 150 miles on a road bike.

flexlarson

"Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. do it.
... it gets harder before it gets hard.... Get up here..

loingrader

lets make it the third week in september again.  sept 18-20.

the first weekend is labor day, which is way too busy.

second week is a conflict for hayduke.

third weekend sound ok?
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

The Yeti

loingrader

per fish n fry...

We plan to be open through September, but water at the sites may be limited if it freezes early. 
FISH 'N FRY CAMPGROUND
21390 US Highway 385
Deadwood, SD 57732
(605) 578-2150
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

loingrader

Quote from: The Yeti on July 25, 2009, 09:46:20 PM
Works for me!

yeti, i just bought a spark arrestor for my kdx200 so i can bring it out with my klr and maybe not lose sight of you so quickly on your wr; at least on the slower more technical trails.  plus, this way i will have a (non street legal) bike to ride in case i grenade something on the klr. 

i've been looking for a good excuse to get a spark arrestor for the kdx so i could bring it out to the hills and ride. 

you owning a wr gives me all the reason i need.  thanks!

The Yeti

Quote from: loingrader on July 26, 2009, 04:27:16 PM
i just bought a spark arrestor for my kdx200

Cool!  I was wondering who was gonna be able to actually keep up with me.   8)

loingrader

i still probably won't be able to keep up with you on most stuff.  the kdx is more of a mountain goat than a race horse.  if i choose the right trail, the kdx will at least hold it's own.

Hank

I'm getting pretty excited for this.   I gave up on selling the DRZ and brought it home from powerbrokers today.  Think I'll bring that out.  I plan to put a 4 gallon tank and a skid plate on it before the trip.  Maybe a small windscreen I can pop on and off too.

loingrader

attaboy hank.  skid plate is probably a good idea on the drz.  i plated up my kdx when i first got it (belly pan, water pump, disc brake, etc) even though i've never ridden on rocks before, just dirt.  hopefully it will keep all it's fluids in after a good romping out in the hills.

it's going to be interesting this year.  you and yeti have always had to work extra hard getting those big bikes into places they weren't really meant to go.  this year, we on our BIG 650's will be working to keep up with you two on your smaller bikes. 

i can't wait.

LittleJacket

we could change our name to dakota dirt bike riders since everyone is going to to smaller dirt bikes!  I blame this on Brian!
rpjohnso

The Yeti

I took a ride up the Silver City trail again today and found an AWESOME ATV trail coming down the other side...also saw a long downhill that was actually too steep for me to tackle alone, can't wait to have some wingmen for those kinda trails!

I conquered a couple of really good hillclimbs, then went up and over Pilot Knob again...(seriously, this bike IS cheating), I feel sorry for you guys on your 650s!  :evil

I haven't found any terrain yet on the WRR that she couldn't handle with the greatest of ease!

:-* :-* :-*  Did I mention that I really love this bike?   :-* :-* :-*

I am SOOOO looking forward to the Fall rally!

loingrader

Quote from: LittleJacket on August 13, 2009, 09:31:02 PM
everyone is going to to smaller dirt bikes!

chin up ryan.  the two biggest bikes won't be taking any dirt naps this year, but you can't fault the guys for riding on steeds more suited to the crap we like to conquer.  they certainly deserve it after the paces we put them thru last year. 

every bike at the rally will be street legal (except for my non plated back up kdx) and thus fits perfectly with the DDSR doctrine of riding dirt and oil.  we just won't have to worry about throwing out our backs picking those heavy katooms up this year!