News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Fall trip planning

Started by fringefan, June 21, 2009, 07:33:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fringefan

Yeti all this talk about that new bike is going to make any picture of you and it in the the mud,  price less. Honestly I am glad to see you this excited about riding those trails.

Looking forward to the ralley. Only had my KLR in the dirt twice this year on actually ridden it a handful of times so I just hope to keep up.

The Yeti

Quote from: fringefan on August 14, 2009, 05:55:00 PM
Yeti all this talk about that new bike is going to make any picture of you and it in the the mud,  price less.

Good luck catching me when she's napping!   :evil   R² handles the mud VERY well.

Quote from: fringefan on August 14, 2009, 05:55:00 PM
Only had my KLR in the dirt twice this year on actually ridden it a handful of times so I just hope to keep up.

Well, let's get out and ride this weekend!  Supposed to be cooler, but dry on Sunday.  Excess wants to get out tomorrow...let's hit it!   8)
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

plumber mike

Heard about this on ADV. Count me in. It will be nice to not have to ride alone. I'll be crashing at the house as I live just over the hill from Steel Wheel on the Yellew Creek Rd.(a skip and a jump on trail 7)
I was wondering how much pavement there will be as the little XR200 tops out at around 60. The BMW has been in Sturgis all summer due to a low speed get off that broke the engine case and frame(It was not totalled and my dreams of KTM ownership were temporarally crushed) If it's done by then I may take it depending.
There are so many great trails around here I don't know how you guys decide which to ride
Looking forward to meeting all of you!

if anyone is up this way before and wants to ride that's cool too.
605-591-2912
Mike

The Yeti

Welcome, Mike!

We try to keep the pavement to the bare minimum required to get from one trail to the next, so no worries...you'll be able to keep up.

You may want to re-think the crashing at home thing...the campfire comraderie is just as much fun as the ride!   :cheers :chug :eat
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

plumber mike

I'll get a better feel the first day. Not saying I won't ;D

Hank

Bret, you sure you're going to haul out?    Its still up in the air if I'll having riding partners or not, but either way it would be fun to meet up somewhere and ride out.

loingrader

i would like to ride out, but i also want to have my kdx out there.  i don't want to encourage you to be a puss like me, but if you are riding out solo and wanted to meet somewhere, there would be room for the drz in the back of my pickup.  it hauls 3 bikes easily.

You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

Hank

Got the small windscreen and hi-cap fuel tank ordered.   I gotta ride it now!

Thanks for the offer though!