News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Moab and Maybe Beyond, Tentative Plans

Started by greatbuffalo, February 23, 2023, 02:57:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greatbuffalo

Spring fever really hitting me hard and just had my first day on skis two days ago.

So I am taking a week off when my contract ends on March 18th through the 27th. I have a wild hair to head south. No big production, just throw my T7 on the hitch and boondock in the van. First stop most likely Moab for a day or two and then maybe head further South or further West. Would kinda like to see places I have never seen before. I've seen most of Moab so looking to broaden my horizons.

So if anyone that is relatively mobile and would join me in such an endeavor, let me know. Looking for people with whom I can share this little adventure and also looking for ideas. Where have you been and found enjoyable? Where would you like to go?

Let me know if you would like to tag along or offer any suggestions.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Abercrombie

Man I would kill to ride Moab!  I've never done anything but pass through Moab on my FJR a couple times.  I'd join you but I'm all packed up and heading down to ride the Super Tenere in Baja California from the 4th to the 16th and then we are heading back to phoneix to pick up the Pickup and heading down to Big Bend NP to ride Dual sport bikes from the 18th - the 23rd.    Best March ever!

I hope it dosen't turn out like last April's trip to Copper Canyon MX when my trailer blew over on the way to pick up a Spearfish riding buddy.  I had just stopped in to visit Nathaniel and get some gass in Mitchell when my trailer blew over 5 miles West of town. 

Wacked

Buffalo -

To broaden your horizons ..... the couple of times I've done it, heading out of Moab to Torrey, down to Escalante, and then over to Bryce canyon has always been gorgeous.   Might be a little early and bump into snow on this route; maybe not

Hank

@Abercrombie, that looks like a bad day!

tannerc

Ted Kyle & Myself went south of moab a couple years ago, hit part of the BDR and did the Valley of the Gods, Moki Dugway Mexican Hat loop. Big Bike friendly, cool stuff to see.
Monument Valley isnt too far from there but it was closed for covid that year.

"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

locopny

Wow...been awhile since I chimed in here...
I'm working a lot since last July when I started trucking.  I'm getting tired of winter for sure.  Earliest I could even think about Utah is likely May.
This working is really getting in the way of life.
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L
When can I go riding again? Crashing sucks!

greatbuffalo

Wacked, I was thinking about a similar route as you stated. The Burr Trail is on my list as well.

They have seen more snow in some areas that very rarely see more than a inch or two all winter.

I'll just keep heading south till the snow line stops and the sun shines.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?